Calling NY Upstate Locals

Hey guys and gals, I'm a Long Islander that is looking to do some exploring up state. Anyone up there care to share their local trail rides? If you want to come down to Long Island and do some trail riding I welcome that idea as well. Its rather flat here, with a good amount of road crossings but still a good time. Let me know what you think.

Heres a little preview of whats around here.

https://youtu.be/x9jbGgwGfYk

• Like 1

I am a fellow long islander, just picked up a new to me bike and looking to hit some trails!  Where do you ride? 

• Like 1

Define "Upstate". Contrary to popular belief, NY is pretty big.

Edited by TheLastByte

I am a fellow long islander, just picked up a new to me bike and looking to hit some trails!  Where do you ride? 

Ditto! By the way if you want to go trail riding, come with me. I have my private trails that I made and been riding for 30 years now. Its not miles and miles but its enough fun for a few hours. Do you have a dual sport? What kind of bike do you ride?

Sent from my LG-H918 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Define "Upstate". Contrary to popular belief, NY is pretty big.

Yes it is! You can drive 8 hours and still be in NY.

Hey guys and gals, I'm a Long Islander that is looking to do some exploring up state. Anyone up there care to share their local trail rides? If you want to come down to Long Island and do some trail riding I welcome that idea as well. Its rather flat here, with a good amount of road crossings but still a good time. Let me know what you think.

Not bad for long Island plus you have the beach sand. I was looking at maps to see where I could make trails that lead to the beach. Lets hook up. We can ride each others spots! Lets set up a Long Island Dual Sport ride outs. Unfortunately most spots will be on private property but my spots are away from homes and life plus police and cars can't get in so my spots are safe to ride.
I might be at Moto1 in Calverton on Sunday if you want to meet and chat. My name is Marvin.
Also if/when you go upstate to go riding maybe we can go together? I have a pickup and a trailer so if you need a ride we can work it out.
My offer goes out to any Long Islander/Nyer.

16 hours ago, Trail_Dude said:

Not bad for long Island plus you have the beach sand. I was looking at maps to see where I could make trails that lead to the beach. Lets hook up. We can ride each others spots! Lets set up a Long Island Dual Sport ride outs. Unfortunately most spots will be on private property but my spots are away from homes and life plus police and cars can't get in so my spots are safe to ride.
I might be at Moto1 in Calverton on Sunday if you want to meet and chat. My name is Marvin.
Also if/when you go upstate to go riding maybe we can go together? I have a pickup and a trailer so if you need a ride we can work it out.
My offer goes out to any Long Islander/Nyer.

Just picked up a Yz250F and haven't even ridden yet so it would be great to meetup and be on any kind of trails.  It's not a dual sport (Street legal) but I have a truck and can load it into the back.

The bike lives in Port Jeff and I am in NYC but can easily come out on a weekend for some riding.

• Like 1

If any of you are ever riding with a plated bike / dualsport in the Capital District, hit me up and I'll give you the grand tour. 

• Like 1

If any of you are ever riding with a plated bike / dualsport in the Capital District, hit me up and I'll give you the grand tour. 

Thanks for the invite. That sounds interesting. Your about 3hours 15mins from me in Long Island. There is off road riding on the Grand Tour right?

Just picked up a Yz250F and haven't even ridden yet so it would be great to meetup and be on any kind of trails.  It's not a dual sport (Street legal) but I have a truck and can load it into the back.
The bike lives in Port Jeff and I am in NYC but can easily come out on a weekend for some riding.

Cool, I have a crf250r and A Drz400s (set for trail riding) I'm in Huntington Station so I'm not to far from you.

Oh one weekend I can bring you to Moto1 Park, its a legal hare scramble type track with some single track around the perimeter. Have you ever been there?

5 hours ago, Trail_Dude said:

Cool, I have a crf250r and A Drz400s (set for trail riding) I'm in Huntington Station so I'm not to far from you. emoji106.png

Where do you ride in Huntington?  My family is in Northport and the only place I know are the powerlines and crab meadow park reserve.  Lets plan this out and rip some trail ASAP! 

• Like 1

lol, I love how a thread with this title gets used to organize a ride in Long Island then goes dead. Seems to be a recurring theme on this site. I know upstaters have a well deserved reputation for being rubes, but I'd hope that at least a few of us would have figured out how to use the Internet by now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheLastByte said:

lol, I love how a thread with this title gets used to organize a ride in Long Island then goes dead. Seems to be a recurring theme on this site. I know upstaters have a well deserved reputation for being rubes, but I'd hope that at least a few of us would have figured out how to use the Internet by now.  

Guys if you want to get together in the island, and do some aggressive trail riding, pm me. I have 5 different locations with different types of terrain. 

Contact me for specifics. I will be posting videos of all locations on my YouTube channel this month, to show people there are no worries about authorities. Having a dual sport is key, we rip up a location,  and take off for the next location giving cops the thumbs up at dunkin donuts... 😊

13 hours ago, Trail_Dude said:

Guys if you want to get together in the island, and do some aggressive trail riding, pm me. I have 5 different locations with different types of terrain. 

Contact me for specifics. I will be posting videos of all locations on my YouTube channel this month, to show people there are no worries about authorities. Having a dual sport is key, we rip up a location,  and take off for the next location giving cops the thumbs up at dunkin donuts... 😊

I am in for a ride! will send you a PM

On 8/16/2017 at 12:48 PM, Fastkx125 said:

https://youtu.be/x9jbGgwGfYk

I am still down to ride but I want the get rid of the drz and move up to a ktm 350 or 300xc, any suggestions? 2 stroke or 4 stroke? 

I really like the idea of the crf450l but not sure if I want to muscle a 450 in tight single track. Still on the fence with this one until I see some good riding videos and reviews. 

Or I might just bite the bullet and turn my old kx250 into a ktm woods bike/signal track contender if possible. 

To much many options and not enough money . Lol

On 7/29/2018 at 3:02 PM, Jon DiPietra said:

Come up to Southern VT by Mount Snow. Miles of 2 track and good lots of places to stay and eat.

My family just got a new place in Andover VT, the property is a little too wooded for a yz250f but there are powerlines near by i plan on riding soon.

Where are you riding near MT snow?

My family just got a new place in Andover VT, the property is a little too wooded for a yz250f but there are powerlines near by i plan on riding soon.
Where are you riding near MT snow?

Green mountain national forest and Dover town forest. There’s tons of riding here but it gets remote quick so better with a buddy or two.

Green mountain national forest and Dover town forest. There’s tons of riding here but it gets remote quick so better with a buddy or two.

If you are up near magic ... the old timer at the town dump told me the trails run all the way from Dover to magic with only a few crossings