Great trip

I wanted to test out my freshly healed wrist with a mellow 4 day Baja ride. My buddy Blaine and I met Craig in Tecate Fri. morning.  Did the Tecate, Erindira, San Quintin, valle t loop.  My friend Larry from San Vicente joined us Sat and Sunday. Craig had an incident and had to ride the pavement home on Sunday. 585 miles and the wrist felt great. The rest of my body is a wreck though.

• Like 2

whoops, only meant to post the first picture. More to come.

Somewhere on the cliffs near Colonet Craig hit a rock and broke the shifter on his honda. Larry had a spare and we were going again in 10 minutes.

20170812_121442.jpg

• Like 2

Made it to the Old Mill where Javier cooked us a fantastic Yellow fin tuna meal.

20170812_193645.jpg

20170812_195722.jpg

• Like 1

Sunday morning Craig slab bed it back to the border while Blaine and I rode back to the crossover rode with Larry. He headed back to San Vicente and we went to valle t. The new gas station south of San vicente is nice and has food and drinks and pretty girls.

20170813_142150.jpg

• Like 3

As luck would have it when we arrived at valle t there was a carnival set up just outside our hotel. Of course we had to try the games and ride the rides.

20170813_201933.jpg

20170813_200700.jpg

• Like 1

Monday morning and time to head back. Went up the goat trail and then through santa catarina. What a cool little town. Had fantastic wet sand and hero dirt all the way to the sawmill. Ramona was closed! Ouch, long ride to Ojos to refuel. Was getting warm by then and shade felt good. Rode across the border avoiding the 2 hour wait in line, loaded up and we're home around 9pm.

20170814_095011.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, trackmaster said:

How did you like staying in Valle t?

Sent from my SM-G900V using ThumperTalk mobile app

Cant beat the tacos at asadero morena or the el rancho and the rooms at the valle t hotel are clean and inexpensive. Probably the fourth or fifth time staying there and never a problem. The manager will even help you put your bike in your room if you want.

• Like 2

Great ride, thanks.

I was testing the CRF 250L and loved it on day 1, but felt the extra weight and lack of susspension,  ground clearence,  and power on day 2" Larrys Bushwacker single track trail"s and the deep soft sand.

next time I will be on my CRF 450X, I also am working hard to lighten my gear, maybe a Bib Moose for the front end also.

Edited by craig hammon
  • Like 2

He we are in Punta cabras drinking Tom's beer. Thank you.

2017081195174558.jpg

• Like 4

Never had alambre but it looks delicious. Not sure about the El Rancho. We had dinner at Asadero Moreno and breakfast at sinoloa something café. Both were excellent.

Have to say about Craig he is a very talented rider. Able to ride any bike at speed even on a 250L. On all tight single track heavy load his 250L moves right along. When he had big crash broke all the stuff off the front of the L. He ending up hitting a very strong fence post. This fence post was not even close to the road we where on. So Craig said well I must of had front flat bike slide out hit fence post.Craig is way too good rider for that to happen.Even if he had flats front and rear I think he could out ride us. So what really happened on his crash,I think he got bored with our slow speed. Fell asleep hit fence post was bored riding slow.  Great time with all on ride,great Friends ,great ride, great food. Also Craig's secret stash of pain reducer. The two riders we picked up on ride 150R and 450R. Very strange riders as every other second they hold clutch in. Rev the piss out of motor. Must be new trick to empty fuel tank on ride.

• Like 1

Maybe craig did get bored and fall asleep. I couldn't even begin to stay close when he was leading.