Honda or Coolster

I know right off the bat the bias will be towards the honda because it's not "chinese" or whatever but I'm wondering if I should buy an older 2001 Honda Xr200r or a 2016 coolster 200cc. They're the same price, the coolster is basically brand new, the honda is not. I just want something to be able to go on trails with and have fun on, not planning on going on tracks or off big jumps. I have never owned a dirt bike so I want something that will be pretty fast and dependable but I do not need it to last years and years. I really like the coolster but if it is really a cheap bike then I will settle for the Honda.

00d0d_gqfwX6npoCu_600x450.jpg

00l0l_3pzPLKnwLG1_600x450.jpg

00X0X_bYralUAYuKv_600x450.jpg

If you have never owned a bike before, then you want your first experience to be a great one - Honda for sure! What's the price they are selling for, you may want an opinion or two on prices before you get too excited.

• Like 1

They're priced at $850 on craigslist. I know I could get a nice one for like $200 more but I do not want to spend $1000 or more

13 minutes ago, JP3 said:

They're priced at $850 on craigslist. I know I could get a nice one for like $200 more but I do not want to spend $1000 or more

For sure buy the Honda then, those things in Utah will sell for $1500 easy. The XR200 is a great bike to learn on - give that one a shot and see how things go. If you don't like it, you should be able to recoup your money fairly easily and then you can try something new. Don't be afraid to try a bike out for a year, give it some time to see what you really like and don't like about it and then try the next one. I'm 29 and have had 14 bikes over the past 19 years since I started riding :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain758 said:

For sure buy the Honda then, those things in Utah will sell for $1500 easy. The XR200 is a great bike to learn on - give that one a shot and see how things go. If you don't like it, you should be able to recoup your money fairly easily and then you can try something new. Don't be afraid to try a bike out for a year, give it some time to see what you really like and don't like about it and then try the next one. I'm 29 and have had 14 bikes over the past 19 years since I started riding :)

Thanks for the great advice