Bought 2017 450 sxf

I won't have the manual till tomorrow. I bought the bike new and I love it it is freaking POWWRFUL. Couple questions. Should the oil be half way in the witness window cold and also how often to ch3ck valves if riding single track only.  Thanks I'm so excited and stoked. I feel complete now. Oh and what is the more aggressive map 1 or 2? Thanks.

Hey,

To answer your questions, your right about the oil level, also map 2 is aggressive and the bike is a blast to ride! I did check my valves about every 15-20h on my 350 -16 but on my 450 that has 60h now I did check them at 50h still in spec. But it's always better to check more regularly to be safe I guess!

Ride4Fun

• Like 1

Is it harder on the bike to ride on map to all the time bear with me guys never owned a KTM let alone a brand new one.

I would say it depends how hard you ride it, if you ain't hitting the rev limiter a lot and go kinda smooth the wear would be less. I tend to like map 1 but that's mostly because I like a smooth ride. I also change oil and filter every 5-7h. Just to mention if it is brand new check and grease bolts to the linkage. When I bought mine I did it after 5h but then there was wear to one of the bolts. But I have the same bolt today and it has not got any worse .

Greased everything day I got it, it was already good but I went through it. Never hit the rev limiter and I notice on map 2 5th gear about 3/4 throttle WOT theres not a spudder but you feel the power kick hard but map 1 is a more consistent power curve all around.