Good bike for dad to ride with kids

I'm not a dad and not planning on for a LONG time but I got my dirt bike a few months ago a great yz85 and my little brother who is 10 we are looking at a cr 70 for him tomorrow anyway so me and him will have bikes and my dad rides mine around the yard some he said I could ride the 70 and he can ride the 85 but he's too big for mine and the 70 is too small for me I saw a ttr 225 but I heard the suspension is soft and will bottom out we are trying to talk him into getting one and I think if he sees a good bike for him at less than 1600 than he might get it I looked for a 250 but there all like 3-5k any suggestions

The TTR would be a good choice. The soft suspension shouldn't be a problem for a beginner riding with kids on a 70 and 85. The tyr is a very reliable and capable bike.

Sent from my SM-G900T using ThumperTalk mobile app

Would the ttr be good for riding fairly hard because he's doing wheelies on my bike after all he's the one who taught me to wheelie he's no beginner he's been riding since 12 and had a cr250 in he's 20's

Eastern NC

The TTR is a play bike - so you can ride it hard and do wheelies

Okay I'll talk to my dad about it and I saw a thread on hear about a guy like 17 looking at the same bike just different year and they said the suspension was horrible that's why I asked but thanks for the info

Ttr225 is a tank of a bike so much weight so lil power and if your going to be trying to wheelies don't snap the back fender cuz the plastics for those are some of the most expensive ever I'm not sure why either .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using ThumperTalk mobile app

Idk the plastic shape is ugly I think it's weird looking and heavy as in how heavy

I do have a question about riding I just didn't think I should make a whole thread out of it if you could answer it for me

So when riding I used to pull the clutch in with all 4 of my fingers but now I only use to but it stops when it hits my knuckles and doesn't go all the way to the grip is it okay to shift when it's only pulled to my knuckles and not to the grip