FCR 39 mx on DRZ400S HELP!

Okay so I just installed the TT fcr kit on my drz. Installation was pretty smooth.  And today was the first day I was able to take it out for a proper test ride. Starts fine seems to run fine. But there is now a "chirping" sound coming from the carb(?) only when throttle is twisted . If I take the air box cover off it is way louder. No "chirp" at idle. 

I sprayed carb cleaner around the manifold while the engine was running. No change in idle.

I read a post saying it is a common sound for a FCR 39 MX on a drz400 and not to worry. But would like some conformation so I a quit worrying haha!

25 minutes ago, fourfiftee said:

I got a FCR mx39 on my bike. That chirp noise happens to me too. Think your good 👍

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. 🤙

21 hours ago, William1 said:

The 'chirp' is from the vacuum release plate.

Thanks for the info! I was getting really curious as well.

Is there any performance gain going from slant to mx body on the fcr?

Is there any performance gain going from slant to mx body on the fcr?

I noticed a small difference going from a 18 year old YZ400F slant to a new FCR-MX 39mm. I attribute most of the change to the new carb having better jetting and being brand-new. The difference wasn't significant though.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

Cool good to know. I picked up a 2004 E model that the previous owner put a new mx on and it actually feels a hair better jetted than my 2017SM with mx fcr. They r both jetted same but the SM has a JD needle and the E has whatever comes standard from TT fcr kit.

Cool good to know. I picked up a 2004 E model that the previous owner put a new mx on and it actually feels a hair better jetted than my 2017SM with mx fcr. They r both jetted same but the SM has a JD needle and the E has whatever comes standard from TT fcr kit.

Well the E does have higher compression and better cams going for it unless you have changed yours already.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 2