2010 KX85 clutch issues.

First off Im a real newbie to this.  Im almost positive Ive caused this problem.  LOL.  My son has a KX85 that we bought used and he has rode the living hell out of it the past week.  Everything worked fine.  Yesterday, not noticing the site glass on the oil case, I started pouring oil in the case because I couldn't see any oil when I looked down the fill hole.  Quart later I still don't see anything.  Long story short would to much oil cause the clutch not to work?  It will not engage all of a sudden.  Start bike in neutral and pull in clutch and put in gear and it trys to take off and stall.  No laughing please.....lol.  Im guessing it has a lot of extra oil.  Didn't have time to drain and start fresh watching the site glass before it was time to go home.   Thx

Drain the oil and put kawasaki semi synthetic 10-30 in it. Most likely you WAY overfilled it. If you aren't using an oil compatible with wet clutches then you may have to flush it. KX85 takes 700ML of oil, 700 CC'S is close enough. That is 3/4 of a quart, approximately. Buy a measure cup and fill correctly. Sight glass only works on level ground with the bike level. No one uses them. Change the oil every 10 hours and use a measure cup, no questions when done that way

Sent from my SM-G900V using ThumperTalk mobile app

You will want to get a ratio rite measuring cup. It is great for measuring your premix and also has cc increments wich work for measuring transmission oil and fork oil. 700cc, 700ml, and .700 liters are all the same measurement. The case is marked next to the transmission fill cap with the required measurement (like yzpa said 700ml). Most 10-40 oils are compatible with wet clutches. You have to be more selective if you want to run 10-30. If after changing the oil a couple times doesn't take care of the problem, you may have to remove the clutch plates and pop them apart and re install them. Sometimes they get seized together and cause the symptom you are describing.

Thanks for the replies.  I drained the oil completely and put in the 750cc.  Runs like a charm.  Thanks