XR650R lectron.

There are a couple folks I've seen on the web with them on the R, I'm not sure they are on TT though.  

Most everyone that has one on anything seem to be very happy with it.  I like the thought of no jets to worry with but I've never taken the leap to try one yet.  There is no reason to think it wouldn't work well for you.  

Keep us posted!

Edited by Hollerhead

What I like the most about them is the extra range you get with them. It improved my 2 stroke by about 30%.

I would love to know the L per 100km / MPG improvement on the XR650R  it may mean not needing a bigger tank.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted one but it was uge money in Canadian dollars. I am about to install the mikuni hsr 42 pumper on my bike (xr650r).  just awaiting adaptors and jets. I went with this combo because I found a used carb cheap . mikunioz has all the other parts needed. I avoided the tm40 mikuni because it has no bearings on the slide and so it still sticks off idle due to vacuum.  I was ok with the stock carb except for the sticking throttle due to vacuum.  it was fine when geared low and dirt riding (lots of clutching) I never even noticed it. now my bike is geared really tall and is sumo on the street, here the stock carb is un-rideable. hopefully the 42 mik is the fix. 

5 hours ago, JoeRC51 said:

The TM40 slides don't stick. 

I heard different, have you tried it on a street  xr650r with tall gearing? regardless I am fitting the 42 mikuni it has bearing slides just like the fcr carbs. they went to bearing slides to prevent sticking throttle under high vacuum conditions.

14 hours ago, cj_wai said:

I heard different, have you tried it on a street  xr650r with tall gearing? regardless I am fitting the 42 mikuni it has bearing slides just like the fcr carbs. they went to bearing slides to prevent sticking throttle under high vacuum conditions.

It's what I run on my bike. Push/pull cables make it almost impossible for it to stick. Running 15 42 gearing.

20170623_152638.jpg

Edited by Vanillagurilla
  • Like 3

they stick at idle coming on to the throttle....has nothing to do with the push cable.............I heard right    tm 40 is a little better than stock...all thumper carbs should have slides with bearings.

now I need to go put air in my forks.......... ha

Edited by cj_wai

i have plenty of advice...don't buy a pumper carb that doesn't have a bearing slide and never ever listen to joerc51 when it comes to suspension.  I think you are the one holding hands , with crap information....now got get your xr  fork pump.

hi This is what Lectron said about the carb on their test XR650R...

You will get substantially better fuel economy, better power, you won’t have to re-jet it for weather or elevation changes, and it will be pretuned from us.

It’s so snappy we actually had to develop a progressive rate throttle cam to make it more controllable off idle. It was breaking the back wheel free too much going around corners on our test bike.

Take with a pinch of salt..they selling me the carb