removed EU guts from my ktm 500 exc 2017

Here are what dealer took out from my 500 exc to uncork it plus regulation.  Rest is stock and bike runs like tornado in every gear.

As for now I don't see any need for gearing change, aftermarket exhaust or ECU tuner.  Love actually stock pipe sound.  No stalling issues or backfiring.

It's definitely  a hooligan motorcycle :)

QB43BAJ.jpg

Edited by motf

9 minutes ago, stevethe said:

The removal of the brake light switch might give it another 5 HP. :lol:

well, if you don't brake you go faster :)

seriously though  that's what I got from dealer, didn't look at it much. I have  still brake light so maybe it's from other bike.

Just now, motf said:

well, if you don't brake you go faster

seriously though  that's what I got from dealer, didn't look at it much. I have  still brake light so maybe it's from other bike.

It looks like a rear brake light switch. 

Do you really think that exhaust screen limits HP?  How many grams were saved like 3?

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 0:05 PM, vizcarmb said:

Do you really think that exhaust screen limits HP?  How many grams were saved like 3?

it cuts flow by about 50%, its normally a double screen too( U.S) euro is a single.

only the U.S. bikes have the intake reed, the euro bikes(some of them) get the o2 and cat, worse than what the U.S gets.

Edited by Spud786

think what you want, I can tell only I have more power then I need and this bike is gonna race soon.

FYI service guy from my dealer has a lot experience in setting bikes for racers even on international events, whatever was done it works.

BTW, what was that silly comment about saving weight... what weight has anything to do with this.

Edited by motf

On 17.08.2017 at 4:12 PM, stevethe said:

The removal of the brake light switch might give it another 5 HP. :lol:

looks like this is actually  kickstand kill switch, and yes - good they removed it.

• Like 1

Relocate the kickstand kill switch wiring  to a secret place and use a real switch. Great theft prefention. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, blackSP said:

Relocate the kickstand kill switch wiring  to a secret place and use a real switch. Great theft prefention. 

good idea!

On 8/20/2017 at 2:56 PM, motf said:

looks like this is actually  kickstand kill switch, and yes - good they removed it.

I wonder why the U.S. bikes don't have a kill switch kickstand. Well never mind its good they don't. 

23 hours ago, stevethe said:

I wonder why the U.S. bikes don't have a kill switch kickstand. Well never mind its good they don't. 

You know when you buy them stock, the kickstand springs up right away?  That is how they got away from not putting a killswitch for the kickstand.  My dealer told me that,  so they were kind enough to give me an non-springing bolt