I wanted to start a thread were we could talk about all the great memories we've had over the years.  I have some memories that truly complete me when I look back, I bet we all do.  It'd be cool if we could share some.  Funny, painful, stupid, badass, whatever, it belongs here.  

I have so many I don't know where to start, so I'll start at the beginning.  I remember the first time I ever took my new to me RM85 to the track. I was 14. Sandbox MX in Michigan if your from these parts.  I practiced on the kids track for like 20 minutes and looked out at the big track and was mesmorized.  All those big guys and big bikes ripping that huge intimidating track.  I went for it, and my life was never the same.  It was so hard but at the same time it was the most fun I'd ever had.  A euphoria i had never felt.  It was so profound, I was instantly in love.  It was better than drugs or sex.  The ruts were so intimidating, haha.   I remember my face pasted to the window staring at the track as we drove away like "Oh my god that was the best thing EVER!"  For months I couldnt wait to go back.  That was fall, and the winter between then and the next time I rode was like torture.  I would stay up til 2 AM everynight watching YZ125 gopro videos hahaha.

We used to ride these powerlines behind one of my best friends house.  We ripped the matted weeds down into perfect loamy black dirt, into a whooped out, rutted out oval.  It was the perfect practice track.  Everyday I would come home from school when I was 16, get on my YZ125, and ride a mile down to my friends house and we would rip the "track" all night.  this was the first place where riding actually "clicked" for me.  I started to "get it".  I remember feeling that feeling of letting it go wide open 6th gear and just thinking "whatever happens, happens" or "F it" and letting the bike work underneath me.  Such an amazing feeling.  Spent so much time back there, thats when I really started to improve.  Eventually the power company rep came back and told me i couldnt ride there anymore (which of course I still did) and then eventually a cop came back and said he didnt care but if the power company tells us to stop again we have to stop.  We still rode back there, but it eventually got too overgrown. 

I'll throw in a few little shits just to bother you guys who are real uptight too lmfao... One time we were camping and my buddy started a huge fire with VP110 and put his back tire in the fire and roosted the shit out of it and made a dirt bike flamethrower.  Or the time when we were in the powerlines and my other friend killed a rabid possum raccoon with a huge stick, and I hung it from the powerlines (it was our mark).  I remember a time me and one of my best friends were riding the trails and he shot a baseball sized rock off his back tire and i clearly saw it in the air, watched it as it hit my neck, and we kept on ripping the turns 5th gear.  That was a good/bad feeling.  

Second time I took another friend to the track, he tried to hit this step up which he shouldnt have even thought about trying to hit.  After you land there is an immediate 90 degree left hand turn.  He over shot the step up, landed flying W no hands on the bars, and rode like this into the 90 degree berm which was like a jump face, except steeper.  He literally ass seat bounced 20 feet in the air, over the fence behind the turn where there is a good 40 foot drop onto a road.  Everyone at the track watched and looked at me and I just started running.  I literally ran across the track and said screw the rules, I thought my friend broke his back or neck or something bad.   Sprinted as hard as I could in MX boots over this fence (his bike flew threw the fence and made a huge hole which is still there) and I found him with just the wind knocked out of him.  I was so relieved that he was alive and not paralyzed.  The flaggers and people that saw it couldnt believe it.  We all thought he was gonna be messed up.  Just a very very sore back.  Kinda reminds me of the first time I went to Baja Acres MX and got landed on by a 450. fun times

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, yz125rider447 said:

...Or the time when we were in the powerlines and my other friend killed a rabid possum raccoon with a huge stick, and I hung it from the powerlines (it was our mark). ...

I want to help you get your life-defining moments straigned out.

opossum.jpg

racoon.jpg

• Like 6

:smashpc: hahaha God damn it man i just typed possum and remembered it was a coon and then forgot to delete the word possum.  It was pretty life defining, watching a 19 year old kid smash a raccoon with a 10 foot log.  @wielywilly-g

Edited by yz125rider447

I figured it was the hanging from the power lines (because it was your mark) that was the defining part.  So it was the kill...I got ya.  I used to fur trap back in the 70's. I have sold many a racoon pelt, but mostly muskrat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

I'm 62 years old.  I've been riding since the early 70s.  Do you have several hours to spare?

yeah that was the point lmfao

6 hours ago, Pittbull said:

Exactly why I didn't chime in...

Even though I am 15 and been riding for 4 years I have had my fair share or bad ideas. My best friend lives right beside me and got his first bike around the same time I did.  He had a CRF70 and I had a CRF80. We lived right beside a big park with a soccer field baseball field and like a sort of bushy/ forest area. One sleepover night it started to snow and out parents were out and we decided it would be a good idea to go rip around in the park. Late night mom dog walkers got mad dogs chased us and one bit my leg. That was the first of bad ideas. The second bad idea I had was this past Halloween I had just gotten my YZ125 and thought that riding around with a turtle costume on was a good idea. Me being a dumbass went down one of the main streets and a cop came up behind me and I kicked it into 4th then 5th then 6th and pinned it went home put it in the garage and sat down. I didn't have a helmet I really anything on. Last on the list of bad ideas this one could be badass me and another buddy built  a river gap and I hadn't a thing for one of his cousins and she got there right as I hit it and I cleared it. I felt like the bigger badass. Now looking back a year I find that it was &%$#@!ing nuts and should never be done. I love older riders bad idea stories. 

The other day i went for a ride after a shitty day at work, came down a hard pack jeep road all rutted out. Kinda getting dark, i ama dumbass. Endoed into the embankment a the bottom, elbow tucked under my rib cage, bruised my spare riblet for a few weeks, kinda hurts when i cough now. 

Couple weekends ago, I was trying to get up a 3 foot vertical shelf and launched the bike up, and jammed my ass right down on to the ground. Walked around weird for a week. Lol. 

Came around a turn and jabbed the front brakes too hard and the bike washed out at about 45mph, rag dolled onto my ass AGAIN!\

Riding along a road by a fence line, some crazy old man decided to run out and try to block me or make me crash, IDK what his problem was, decided to drop a gear and wheely at him. Waved good-by as i smashed away. Not my finest hour.

Came around a turn and two fat chicks were on houses. I stopped IMMEDIATELY while watching there wide eyed dinos buck around for a second, then they turned around and pulled out there cell phones?? I told them to back off as they rode closer, spun the bike around and roosted them as a waved good by. Also not my finest hour. 

Riding around in a local field and noticed the bike sinking, dropped a gear and buried it in ag mud. yanked on it for about an hour before walking back 4 miles to my truck, had to drag it out, almost got the truck stuck. 

Back a long time ago...mainly stories I remember because of who it was with and he's dead now.

Riding by a girls house and she was standing on the back porch watching (probably not caring anyways, trail went right by their yard) and thought I'd show off....fanned the clutch, started a nice power slide and broke lose, started to lowside, buddy on CR 250 behind me tags me and send me over highside, takes him down in pile on me. Laughter abounded.

Same friend helped my folks get the MX track started, he wasn't going to race the first event cause the top end was out of his bike... decided an hour before the race he wanted to ride....we went and got bike, I was torquing the head in the back of his van as we pulled back into the MX track... I remember he holeshot the 1st moto.

Construction workers were cutting down trees in my trails because they were building a development. There chainsaws woke me up atv7am ever morning so every day at 12pm I would rip my 2t straight through there construction site. I did this every day for a week, and then the town shut down the building operation because they were building too close to wetlands. Mission accomplished