HELP! powervalve question

I accidentally took apart the lower assembly to the powervalve and am not sure if I put it back together correctly. What is that little arm that the arrow is pointing at, and is it facing the right way?

powervalve.JPG

Can't really tell, but it looks like that pin should engage with the governor and the rest of the PV linkage.  Take a look at the parts fiche if you don't have a manual.  better yet, get a manual...

11 minutes ago, bikedude987 said:

Can't really tell, but it looks like that pin should engage with the governor and the rest of the PV linkage.  Take a look at the parts fiche if you don't have a manual.  better yet, get a manual...

great help. Thanks.

anyone else actually know?

I've not done of these (yet - we have this system on our new 125s now)  but have plenty of experience of the pre 16 125/150s and the principals are the same. The control arm pin (arrowed) has to run in the centrifugal timer shaft or it wont work. Take it you had it apart.

Edited by 7Tktm
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, 7Tktm said:

I've not done of these (yet - we have this system on our new 125s now)  but have plenty of experience of the pre 16 125/150s and the principals are the same. The control arm pin (arrowed) has to run in the centrifugal timer shaft or it wont work. Take it you had it apart.

It appears that the arm the arrow is pointing at is in the south position and should be pointing north position and sitting as 7Tktm has said,In the timer shaft.

• Like 1