Would you return this if it were you?

Every time I order online and the shipping is UPS the package always comes battered quite badly. I don't care about the package, but when the helmet came in the visor was crooked, I took a look inside and there is a loose piece of plastic wrapper attached to the MIPs, and some of the EPS is chipped here and there. Overall if you were to ask me it doesn't look brand new.

If it were a cheap helmet I wouldn't care, but I expected it to not look like it was thrown around and such when I paid this much.

And the reason why I ordered online is because my local cycle gear has a very limited selection of dirt bike helmets, I'm talking I have to choose between 10 most being upwards to $500+. That shop is more geared to street motorcycles since there is around 30+ street helmets. 

Yeah, I might as well it's a helmet.

I've just been without my own helmet for weeks. It's not easy, also I forgot to keep in mind helmet shapes for different shaped heads. 

27 minutes ago, Milosh said:

Yeah, I might as well it's a helmet.

I've just been without my own helmet for weeks. It's not easy, also I forgot to keep in mind helmet shapes for different shaped heads. 

Ya I'd take pics and return it and try to explain to them that they need to look at how they are packaging their shipments BUT that might be a challenge. Out of interest who did you buy it from.

Then IMO unless you are buying the exact same helmet (or for that boots etc) that you know fit, it can also be a challenge buying with out trying on.

Good luck and keep us posted on how it works out.

Bought off Amazon from dreamruns inc. Never heard of them, and the helmet had no reviews.

23 hours ago, Milosh said:

Bought off Amazon from dreamruns inc. Never heard of them, and the helmet had no reviews.

Out of interest, where roughly in the USA do you live?

I live in Illinois.

I didn't notice it was a bicycle helmet lol. This is what it looked like download.jpg.24c8f7edd54b1a9fe05614b1dd92086c.jpg

1 minute ago, Milosh said:

I live in Illinois.

I didn't notice it was a bicycle helmet lol. This is what it looked like download.jpg.24c8f7edd54b1a9fe05614b1dd92086c.jpg

Yup, BMX. That is not a motorcycle helmet. Get a real one.

Get it fitted at a shop. It should feel tight all over your head and face. If you cannot afford a decent helmet, you cannot afford to ride a motorcycle.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Milosh said:

I live in Illinois.

Ya dude, not sure how far or difficult it is to get to a town with a dirt bike shop BUT as @William1and I have posted, get an actual motorcycle helmet that fit's.

Now with that said, I have not bought from this place but IMO helmet sizing/shape can help get you close to the right fit without actually trying on BUT they still recommend that.

http://www.motosport.com/blog/dirt-bike-helmet-buying-guide

Then I live in Canada and occasionally but stuff from RMATV in the US and even with our poor exchange rate and shipping its some time cheaper than buy in Canada and IMO excellent in my experience. They have helmets as low as $60 on close out

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/t/4682/Motocross-Helmets?sort=3

Then for example I looked at one of these for for like $76 (and I would buy one of these if it was my first helmet ) and it gives you the method to get the measurements to get the correct size.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/4682/69858/ONeal-Racing-2-Series-Helmet?c=207

Hope this helps and be smart and protect your head.

Then get some good boots ASAP

Edited by filterx

Didn't notice it was a bmx helmet.
Really !
Your other thread is your bike wasn't fast and a bmx helmet was what you wanted.
Send it back and get a helmet, made for what your using it for.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 3

On 8/17/2017 at 0:09 PM, Milosh said:

Every time I order online and the shipping is UPS the package always comes battered quite badly. I don't care about the package, but when the helmet came in the visor was crooked, I took a look inside and there is a loose piece of plastic wrapper attached to the MIPs, and some of the EPS is chipped here and there. Overall if you were to ask me it doesn't look brand new.

Udelivered, Pilfered or Smashed.

I lost count of how many packages have been stolen, destroyed or lost by The Brownshirts.

If a company cannot ship FedEx, USPS, DHL, California Overnight, or OnTrac, I don't do business with them, and neither should you.

A helmet is kind of a 'one use' item. Any sharp impact can render the structure useless, because they are designed to sacrifice themselves to diffuse the impact to your head. I have two helmets, and bring my spare with me, just in case I whack one.

Most on-line retailers that exclusively deal in helmets, compound bows, musical instruments etc, don't use UPS.

On 8/17/2017 at 2:09 PM, Milosh said:

If it were a cheap helmet I wouldn't care, but I expected it to not look like it was thrown around and such when I paid this much.

And the reason why I ordered online is because my local cycle gear has a very limited selection of dirt bike helmets, I'm talking I have to choose between 10 most being upwards to $500+. That shop is more geared to street motorcycles since there is around 30+ street helmets. 

How old are you?

• Like 1