Hare Scramble race in Prescott Valley AZ

On 8/18/2017 at 7:29 AM, cjjeepercreeper said:

What fun, more quad and UTV crap.  Our hare scrambles are real hare scrambles, BIKES ONLY.

Come ride some AMRA races.  We will see what you're made of.  Especially the first AMRA round.  Ride A or B and survive that and then we will talk.

17 minutes ago, 4Sevens said:

Come ride some AMRA races.  We will see what you're made of.  Especially the first AMRA round.  Ride A or B and survive that and then we will talk.

What has that got to do with what I said?

4 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

What has that got to do with what I said?

You mentioned "real hare scrambles".  AMRA is the real deal.  Come get some!  Yeehaw!  Braaaaaapppp

21 minutes ago, 4Sevens said:

You mentioned "real hare scrambles".  AMRA is the real deal.  Come get some!  Yeehaw!  Braaaaaapppp

I was talking about the stupid 4 wheel clown cars.

6 minutes ago, 4Sevens said:

I'm with you on that!  Clown Cars!  I love it.

The funny thing about those vehicles they seem to have killed the quad industry, at least around here.  Every yahoo and his beer buddies that used to ride quads are now tearing up the single track trails in clown cars.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

The funny thing about those vehicles they seem to have killed the quad industry, at least around here.  Every yahoo and his beer buddies that used to ride quads are now tearing up the single track trails in clown cars.

Hasn't helped motorcycle sales either.  Any moron can drive a SXS and they do.  Sometimes change is bad.

Lynx Creek is the closest thing to AMRA that AZOP does. It's a fun race. Honestly I'd rather race Lynx Creek than a few of the AMRA races.

Had a blast last year. Sounds like the course will be even better this year. Lets Go!

8 minutes ago, Kosmic said:

Lynx Creek is the closest thing to AMRA that AZOP does. It's a fun race. Honestly I'd rather race Lynx Creek than a few of the AMRA races.

Had a blast last year. Sounds like the course will be even better this year. Lets Go!

I'm racing it because there will be an AMRA race there this season and I have never raced there.

2 hours ago, 4Sevens said:

I'm racing it because there will be an AMRA race there this season and I have never raced there.

Cool, come say hi if you get a chance. Silver Honda Civic with a little red Harbor Freight trailer, can't miss it. :D

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:29 AM, cjjeepercreeper said:

What fun, more quad and UTV crap.  Our hare scrambles are real hare scrambles, BIKES ONLY.

Trike class is only $65! Lol!

On 8/24/2017 at 1:13 PM, Kosmic said:

Cool, come say hi if you get a chance. Silver Honda Civic with a little red Harbor Freight trailer, can't miss it. :D

The pits were insane!  Too crowded.  How did you do and what class did you race?  I took the win in 40B and if I had raced 40A I would have won that class by three and a half minutes also.  I was 3rd overall for all of B.  I've been working really hard since the AMRA season ended.  Lost almost 40 pounds, bought a new bike and it paid off in my race results.  I can't wait for the AMRA season!!!

4 hours ago, 4Sevens said:

The pits were insane!  Too crowded.  How did you do and what class did you race?  I took the win in 40B and if I had raced 40A I would have won that class by three and a half minutes also.  I was 3rd overall for all of B.  I've been working really hard since the AMRA season ended.  Lost almost 40 pounds, bought a new bike and it paid off in my race results.  I can't wait for the AMRA season!!!

Good riding! Yea, pits were standing room only. We'll probably have to use that upper flat by the highway to stage if AMRA ends up doing a race there.

I ended up 3rd in 30+ B. 6th overall in B. Rode okay but overall inconsistent. I found out on lap 4 how out of shape I currently am and gassed out pretty hard for a lap. Regrouped for a decent lap 5. Early in the race it was super dusty and every tiny-ass little easy obstacle was littered with bikes and bodies.... did a lot of waiting. Later in the race it was HOT! I was pretty happy to see that checkered flag.

I've made big progress in technique and speed in the off-season but the cardio needs some attention. Time to blow the dust off the MTB and fire that gym membership back up!

19 minutes ago, Kosmic said:

Good riding! Yea, pits were standing room only. We'll probably have to use that upper flat by the highway to stage if AMRA ends up doing a race there.

I ended up 3rd in 30+ B. 6th overall in B. Rode okay but overall inconsistent. I found out on lap 4 how out of shape I currently am and gassed out pretty hard for a lap. Regrouped for a decent lap 5. Early in the race it was super dusty and every tiny-ass little easy obstacle was littered with bikes and bodies.... did a lot of waiting. Later in the race it was HOT! I was pretty happy to see that checkered flag.

I've made big progress in technique and speed in the off-season but the cardio needs some attention. Time to blow the dust off the MTB and fire that gym membership back up!

Good ride man.  Yeah when it's so dusty that I can't see my front fender I slow way down.  Not worth it to me to banzai through it.  Those first two laps were tough and slow with minimal visibility.  My buddy got first overall in B (he also races 30B) and he is a wild man.  His line started ahead of me and I passed him in a bottle neck where riders were down.  Then he blows by me off the side of the trail and gets caught again on a little hill climb right in front of me and got me stuck on the hill too.  It was a fun course once I could see it.  Some really fun fast sections on those roads and in the rocky wash.  I was hammering those high speed sections and passing guys.  When the rocks get big I fly by guys.  Good suspension pays off in the rocks!

• Like 1