New Head

I just bolted a new head (Click Link http://bigborethumpers.com/newheads.html) to my 06 CRF250R a couple days ago. I run it for 4 heat cycles about 10-15 min each in the shop. Today I rode it twice for about 20 min each. The first ride was low rpm slow through the gears. The second was low rpm at first then gradually increasing speed, the last few min was on/off max 3/4 throttle. Is it recommended to recheck the head bolt torque?

• Like 1

Never ever ever let the bike run without being ridden for 10-15min, especially one with a new head gasket installed. Very few minutes, from a cold start, is about all these bikes can take without the forced-air cooling they need from riding speed. They overheat asap and can warp heads, dislodge head gaskets, taint cylinders and pistons.

You are more than ready to ride the bike as hard as you want, but if you didn't ride the bike during the initial hour of operation you likely don't have a great ring seal, but no matter, just ride it.

21 minutes ago, Eddie8v said:

Never ever ever let the bike run without being ridden for 10-15min, especially one with a new head gasket installed. Very few minutes, from a cold start, is about all these bikes can take without the forced-air cooling they need from riding speed. They overheat asap and can warp heads, dislodge head gaskets, taint cylinders and pistons.

You are more than ready to ride the bike as hard as you want, but if you didn't ride the bike during the initial hour of operation you likely don't have a great ring seal, but no matter, just ride it.

I had 2 fans blowing on the side and radiator while it was running.