FCR accelerator spring color???

There is a 2002-2007 version and a 2008 version

The older version has the apump working one way, and the 2008 has it another (and was only available on 2008+ Hondas)

This is the 2008+ version; it has all the update already installed

FULKU79HZMJ4GWY.MEDIUM.jpg.39a34d88d96ec026975567ee0260ecf6.jpg

and this is the older version: it has multiple issues with the apump: linkage spring, diaphram type, pushrod

59962c42e5836_oldfcrr.jpg.cb4eabacfd5cd624fa6dcac187400bc2.jpg

There was also an 'EPA' version of the older carb, that had the pump adjustment 'locked' out, that looked like this:

59962cf961089_epafcr.jpg.04de53773fbb2d1c6cfceb1ce50294af.jpg

The older version need these two things to make it work right:

http://tokyomods.com...arburetion.html

http://www.crfsonly....roducts_id/3932

Merge racing used to make a spring, and so did R&D.

BLUE: There were some linkage adjustment tension springs painted blue at the factory, but I have never seen a actual LINKAGE spring in anything but silver and red.

The linkage adjustment screw is not the issue.

blue.jpg.52eb024be7db3491d35cd9d0e5e4d9e3.jpg

Edited by THE KRAN

also, smaller bleed jet and grinding the tit off of the bottom of the diaphragm worked wonders on my 06 FCR.  Then again, when I got it, the previous owner had left the pushrod out...I made one from a SS bolt.

2 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Thanks Kran. 99% sure I actually took that top pic of the newer design Honda FCR.

I was just curious why the spring on this particular carb I purchased was blue. I thought perhaps the color actually indicated something such as stiffness?

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Again, which spring? The adjuster tension spring or the apump linkage spring?  The adjust spring is irrelevant, they are all the same. The blue is just a 'factory mark' to let the assembly line know that the Apump linkage has been adjusted.

Again, which spring? The adjuster tension spring or the apump linkage spring?  The adjust spring is irrelevant, they are all the same. The blue is just a 'factory mark' to let the assembly line know that the Apump linkage has been adjusted.

Oh sorry, it's the linkage spring.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app