2005 yz 125 restoration

Just thought I'd show you guys everything I did to my 2005 yz 125. When I got it my friend who is a pro rider and mechanic looked at it and said it only had around ten hours on it. There were no wear marks anywhere. However the previous owner decided to run it without an air filter and ran 60:1 Walmart oil in it. The piston broke, scored the cylender, and wrecked the crank and berrings. I sent my cylender to Millinium Tech to get replated, and I replaced the piston, crank, crank berrings, crank seals, and a bunch of other stuff that came with my Wrench Rabbit kit. It now has a vertex piston and hotrods crank. I rebuilt the water pump, power valve, and had a jolly old time replacing the shift fork assembly.. anyway I got the motor back together. Next was the carb. After a through cleaning gas started to pour from the vent lines, so I took it apart, and adjusted the floats, still did it, so I adjusted it a little more. Well, then no full flowed to the carb. So I just bent the tang maybe 1mm or less close to original and I haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using ThumperTalk mobile app

Here is proof that an 05 plus can still make an awesome bike today with a little work, with the money I spent I couldn't buy anything on the market nearly as nice. So if your looking for a project an 05+ yz 125 may be perfect for you, parts are cheap and readily available I completed the whole project for under $2,000 and about a month and a half of my time. (Most of that spent on waiting for my wrench rabbit kit which was on backorder..)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using ThumperTalk mobile app

*the reason the cluch cover looks worn is the original which wasn't worn, had a crack. So I bought a $20 used cover off of eBay with plans to paint it. Just haven't got around to it