wchefd

Bog on whoops and landings

2014 CRF150R

So I've been chasing an issue since last Sunday . When going through whoops and immediately after landing from a jump, the bike is momentarily bogging/hesitating before recovering its normal power delivery. It's my son racing on the bike so I am going after the problem by description.

Before you say float, I have checked and rechecked and its right at 7 mm. The plunger is good as far as I can tell. It has been described to me as a low to mid hesitation. I have had the carb apart 3 times, checked throttle position sensor etc. everything seems to be in place.

I'm starting to think electrical even though my instinct tells me carb and float, but I just can't find anything wrong. Any thoughts?

Not that I have much experience with the 150 yet, but what you are describing fits very well with what the R&D power bowl says it fixes :)

https://www.r1dean.com/shop/carburetors/power-bowl-2-fcr-mx-carb-carb-fix/

I was told by my dealer that when the 150 was just launched they did all kinds of modifications to the carburetor to fix the issues that you are describing, including milling out areas in the bottom bowl and AP housing. But all that should be included in the power bowl.

• Like 1

Not that I have much experience with the 150 yet, but what you are describing fits very well with what the R&D power bowl says it fixes
https://www.r1dean.com/shop/carburetors/power-bowl-2-fcr-mx-carb-carb-fix/
I was told by my dealer that when the 150 was just launched they did all kinds of modifications to the carburetor to fix the issues that you are describing, including milling out areas in the bottom bowl and AP housing. But all that should be included in the power bowl.

The power bowl has been great. I can't imagine how I could keep the bike in tune without the adjustable leak and the r&d flex screw. With that said, I am going to replace the float plunger, pump diaphragm, and the throttle valve vacuum plate and seal. Should be here tomorrow. It's now approaching 150 hours since last top end rebuild so it's about that time.
  • Like 1

I’ve been having this same issue on landing from a jump. Thanks for the insight.

Well not sure if it applies to the 14 but doesn't the old 45 pilot 140main and tie the AP trick work?