General Performance/Jetting Question

General Performance question...

I'm very knowledgeable about bikes and cars and extensive performance modifications, so I don't need schooling on the workings of engines.  Just looking for insight and opinions from other performance minded people.

Bike: 2005 YZ450F with an Athena big bore kit at mile high Denver.  Current setup is stock head pipe, FMF core 4 silencer, 160 main 40 pilot. 

Problem: The head pipe developed major cracking at the first bend of the pipe.  Bike had nasty pop when closing throttle, then pipe completely failed.  But did not catch the problem until the exhaust leak became obnoxiously loud.

Question: I ordered and will be installing a FMF power bomb pipe.  Will the power bomb flow significantly more requiring re-jet?  Or possibly, will the bad head pipe caused skewed jet settings?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, stevethe said:

Put the pipe on and ride the bike. :ride:

I know, I know.  Just getting frustrated.  First the silencer mount keep shearing the rivets, beating it all to heck.  Then complete carb rebuild and 3 rejets.  Then valve adjust.  Then the ignition coil.  And now the header.  I just want to freaking ride!  But the dang thing keeps breaking.  I think it's safe to say the previous owner seriously neglected this bike.  Then again, casing a tabletop on the pro track probably didn't help any.  Haha

• Like 1

But, now that I think of it.  When I cased the jump the bike came down on the left side.  So I don't think that played a factor in the head pipe cracking.  Glue it and screw it!  I'm just going to toss the pipe on and ride!  Besides, now that summer is almost over I'm going to have to rejet again soon anyway.