2018 300 XC-W 6 days vs regular model

So I just heard that the 6 days model is going to be coming in mid October here at a dealer in socal according to sales rep. I'm ready to buy and I could pick up a regular model 300 next weekend. So I was starting to think is the extra grand worth it? I like the color of the bike and the map switch. I saw online that those switches are only 80$ and I read that all it does is disconnect a wire from a circuit(correct me if I'm wrong). I've been waiting over 6 months till i had my affairs in order. I can tend to be impatient, I don't know if I want to wait that much longer lol. What do you guys think?

Edited by ballane89

They also have a different seat that is more comfortable, a skid plate and some nice aluminum pieces (triple clamps, hubs maybe?).  The extra parts almost cover the added cost.  My buddy has one coming.  Says it should only be a couple weeks.

Side by side, worth it without a doubt. Different seat, billet triple clamps, different bars, wheels, silencer, plastic skid plate, floating front brake rotor and map switch..
Except the 18 six days are ugly as &%$#@!..
And when you go to replace things.. Regular xcw brake rotor is roughly $75. 6 days is $280..... Already replaced the $280 once..

17 XCW and 17 6 daysedf7be537b1f927fcdae394726679cbc.jpg

• Like 2

The map switch is easy to install, its probably worth $5, so even $80 is a bit much. All it does is short out (or maybe disconnect) a pair of wires that is already in the loom, you can do it yourself with a 30 cent piece of wire. The upgraded parts are pretty, not sure if they are functionally different.

4 hours ago, mattwhidden said:

Side by side, worth it without a doubt. Different seat, billet triple clamps, different bars, wheels, silencer, plastic skid plate, floating front brake rotor and map switch..
Except the 18 six days are ugly as &%$#@!..
And when you go to replace things.. Regular xcw brake rotor is roughly $75. 6 days is $280..... Already replaced the $280 once..

17 XCW and 17 6 daysedf7be537b1f927fcdae394726679cbc.jpg

52 minutes ago, mattwhidden said:

Are you bikeless right now?

Actually yea I like the 17 6 days they look good. This evening I found a dealer that still has that same bike left. I think I'm going to pull my deposit from another dealer and go get that 17 at a discount.

Yes I am bikeless right now

54 minutes ago, mattwhidden said:

Are you bikeless right now?

I don't know if the 2018 Sixer has all the same differences as 2017 did, but if so I think it's worth it. It's pure eye-candy, but I love the orange frame. The billet anodized triple clamps are an upgrade over stock. Fork spring preload adjusters are useful when I go to a Motocross track. I can't remember if the hubs are different over stock or not, but the ones on my 17 6 are beautiful. Upgraded rims/wheel-sets...

So, it was worth it to me last year.

Of course, as long as you are waiting, you may as well wait for 2019 and get a TPI 300 Six Days!

Good call. Lifes short. I wouldn't wait two more months for no reason. Get the 17. Its much better looking and get out and ride.
I don't know if the 2018 Sixer has all the same differences as 2017 did, but if so I think it's worth it. It's pure eye-candy, but I love the orange frame. The billet anodized triple clamps are an upgrade over stock. Fork spring preload adjusters are useful when I go to a Motocross track. I can't remember if the hubs are different over stock or not, but the ones on my 17 6 are beautiful. Upgraded rims/wheel-sets...

So, it was worth it to me last year.

Of course, as long as you are waiting, you may as well wait for 2019 and get a TPI 300 Six Days!
Hubs are the same. Forgot about the Orange Frame. Used to it because my 16 500exc has an orange frame too lol

Could you not do a husky 300i and get all the bling but in blue and have the TPI? Or is the 300I only for europe this year?

Just now, mattwhidden said:

17 cleans up niiiiiiice.56184dd1cdf1c511080d17862fe52adc.jpg

Looks good and with a lightning next to it!!

To answer the question about Husky TPI 300's, everything I've read says no TPI 300's are coming to the USA this year, KTM or Husky.

I would get the 17 six days as there are no real changes this year other than the not to nice looking graphics they're now using.

17' and 18' 6 days are probably the same minus the engine case.  The 17' 6 days has the best colorway of any 6 days IMO.  The 18' body work clashes with the rest of the bike.