Lowered pegs.. anyone running them on their RR?

Just curious about this.. I'm 6'2 and wouldnt mind a little more standup comfort.. Already have the tall bars (kx high bends) with an additional 10mm riser and tall seat.  I have the Fastway EVO iii pegs currently in the standard height position, but know I have the option to lower them.. Just curious if anyone is running them this way and if you have had any issues? Hitting stumps, ruts and all that stuff.

I got some half inch rear offset big moose racing pegs and it's good. I'm 6'1 with extra long arms got a tall seat concept seat and bars moved all the way forward. Bars are taller Ktm/Suzuki bend topar. I'm going to actually try moving my bars closer to the middle hole in the triple clamps to try. Might be a little too  big a cockpit as I have it is. It's good but still trying different settings just to see.  Idk will try...

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Going to switch them tonight and try it tomorrow. I'll report back

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NW_drZ said:

Going to switch them tonight and try it tomorrow. I'll report back

Do you have your bars all the forward in the triple clamp? That's an easy one.. and adjust your bars a few different positions and ride to see how they feel..

Do you have your bars all the forward in the triple clamp? That's an easy one.. and adjust your bars a few different positions and ride to see how they feel..

Ya I'm in the forward mount with EE 10mm risers and kx high bend bars. Guts racing tall seat. I already the fastways installed so I thought it was worth a shot. The EE risers come with incremental riser pucks, so I could go higher there, but I was hoping to avoid more bar height.
  • Like 1

I wanted these pegs.. but they didn't have the rear offsett in stock when I was looking for my 300rr.. I have these on my Beta 525 RS.. They're super strong and clear out like the ims pros when in mud..  

https://motocrossactionmag.com/mxa-team-tested-system-rig-shark-bite-footpegs/

shark_bite_footpegs.jpg

I got these and these are great but just don't clear out as well..got mine from ebay ..They look nice and are super strong..

0000-Moose-Racing-Hybrid-Footpegs.jpgmr5.jpg

I have tried them all. 

Fastway (5/8 down and 5/8 back),Radan (Czech Republic/ to order), Kinght Design (25mm down, but spreads your feet apart an additional 12mm) and finally the MOTO BAU pegs from Italy (20mm stright down).

MotoBau is not a well organized company, but I eventually got my pegs.

Thread on the subject:

6'1" here, I don't think I'd like the pegs any lower, as I already seem to scrape them and catch trail debris. As for the rest of the cockpit, I just run low bend bars on the forward position...never been a fan of tall bars or risers.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sierra_rider said:

6'1" here, I don't think I'd like the pegs any lower, as I already seem to scrape them and catch trail debris. As for the rest of the cockpit, I just run low bend bars on the forward position...never been a fan of tall bars or risers.

I have my bike sitting higher than normal (20/98 sag, clamps only 5mm down) but still I hit my feet all the time......actually, I always hit them, no matter what bike or peg height...

• Like 2

On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 10:15 PM, THE KRAN said:

I have tried them all.

Fastway (5/8 down and 5/8 back),Radan (Czech Republic/ to order), Kinght Design (25mm down, but spreads your feet apart an additional 12mm) and finally the MOTO BAU pegs from Italy (20mm stright down).

MotoBau is not a well organized company, but I eventually got my pegs.

Thread on the subject:

Heyya Kran,

Which pegs out of your littany did you prefer?

-t

Here, lowered pegs = broken toes.  Been down that road on taller bikes, Beta will not be any better.

1 hour ago, THE KRAN said:

Did you read the thread ??

Heyya Kran,

Yep - I read everything from your post friday at 22:15 where you outline all the different pegs you have tried & their corresponding displacement values, you further go on to explain how one of the companies is not very well organized.  Next utterance in the thread from you is at 23:08 where you go on to detail on how your sag is set some special way, and you hit your toes no matter what.   After reading both of your detailed posts, I was unable to determine which of the pegs you liked, disliked or perhaps were opposed to the whole peg lowering practice because you hit your toes no matter what?

It was a simple question, you could have answered in a few seconds..  whatever... 

-t

Edited by lodcomm
typo: you/your
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lodcomm said:

Heyya Kran,

Yep - I read everything from your post friday at 22:15 where you outline all the different pegs you have tried & their corresponding displacement values, you further go on to explain how one of the companies is not very well organized.  Next utterance in the thread from you is at 23:08 where you go on to detail on how your sag is set some special way, and you hit your toes no matter what.   After reading both of your detailed posts, I was unable to determine which of the pegs you liked, disliked or perhaps were opposed to the whole peg lowering practice because you hit your toes no matter what?

It was a simple question, you could have answered in a few seconds..  whatever... 

-t

Dude, I don't know what to tell you, the photos, the details ,the review, they are all right there.

MOTOBAU 

17 hours ago, THE KRAN said:

Dude, I don't know what to tell you, the photos, the details ,the review, they are all right there.

MOTOBAU 

Must be something wrong with the way I am seeing the thread... The only photos I see in this thread are the ones posted by HawaiiDirtRider about some shark pegs he got off Ebay, with a side by side  comparison to a rubber coated peg that looks like it came of a 75 KE100? Anyhow I'm sure that the issue is on my end.  I appreciate your opinion and will look into the MOTOBAU's - I am currently riding the fastway F3's in lowboy position and they are ok, would like to try some other configurations.

-t

19 hours ago, lodcomm said:

Must be something wrong with the way I am seeing the thread... The only photos I see in this thread are the ones posted by HawaiiDirtRider about some shark pegs he got off Ebay, with a side by side  comparison to a rubber coated peg that looks like it came of a 75 KE100? Anyhow I'm sure that the issue is on my end.  I appreciate your opinion and will look into the MOTOBAU's - I am currently riding the fastway F3's in lowboy position and they are ok, would like to try some other configurations.

-t

The moose racing 1/2 rear offset is just that I think. Not so much lowboys but the larger pegs and rear offset is plenty good. I wouldn't want the pegs lower on my 300rr. That and the high seat and forward most triple clamp holes is more than enough. I'll actually put the bars in the middle triple clamp holes to lessen the bigger feel. .. just to try.

• Like 1