Help with "not straight handle bars "

I don't think they're bent they are on rubber gromet 2017 450 sx f. Can you tell me how to straighten it out. The triple tree and forka are straight I took out the t45 bolt and it's not bent.

20170818_182019.jpg

20170818_182016.jpg

Edited by YZF1825

I thought i had it fixed with a twist of the 17mm. Tomorrow Im gonna remove both sides I guess. How do I pop out the rubber gromet piece and reseat them. Nothing is bent so I am assuming the rubber is tweaked or something 

I have the same problem the gromet is sticking out abit havnt found a solution either managed to get it relatively straight

Couldnt get it perfect, think i loosened the bar mounts bolt then put handlebars back and whacked them to try straighten them then took handle bars back of to tighten, but had to put the one piece bar mount on to to keep it straight 

I've owned two KTM 250SXF's and with both the bars would not stay straight with the chassis.  On one I changed the triple clamps and frame and it still did it.  Worst part is one of my arms is longer than the other because of an old shoulder separation and the bars were pulled in on the side with the longer arm.  Never figured it out but it wasn't a big deal just annoying...

I just had this same exact problem.  My alignment may have been out more than yours though.  I took everything apart a couple of times and made sure everything went back on straight.  It turned out to be a bent bar clamp in my case.  The simple check is to unbolt the clamp and put it on a flat surface.  You will know immediately. 

The OEM clamp is not cheap either.  LOL.

I finally fixed mine. Had to loosen lower triple tree clamp and turn wheel. It was a combo of that and the rubber mount on right side handle bar. Thanks a lot guys. Ktm quality is SO AMAZING. This is my first one, even seeing one on the 450 sx flavor. 

• Like 2

Get rid of the OEM barmounts. They are garbage. They will twist ever time you breathe on them. Mine bent up like soft butter in a small crash and were destroyed. Lot's of better choices out there.

I went with a stout Mako 360 clamp setup.

bent clamp.JPG

mako clamp.JPG

• Like 3

And it ended up being the lower triple clamp and the bar mounts, I loosened the lower triple clamp bolts and turned the wheel between my legs and that fixed it. I like the rubber mounts on the bars. Better to flex than break or bend.

• Like 1