Fitting plastics on 350sxf

Ok so for starters I have a 2012 KTM 350sxf, I read about the ability to put 13-14 plastics on the 2012 with a small amount of trimming. Well seeing as how 13,14, and 15 models all have the same style, I decided to get some OEM 15 plastics and try to fit them on my bike. Was I correct in thinking that I would be able to fit the 15s on? Or only the 13-14 plastics will work? I've tried to fit the left side radiator shroud but it definitely has some fitment issues, Possible my radiator brace/guard is to blame? Has anyone done this swap and have any input or tips? Or know if it can or can't be done realitively easy? Thanks guys. 

Not sure about the 15 but for sure the 13/14. You'll need the front fender adapter as well. Here's my 12 XCF with 13 plasticIMG_0660.jpg

Looks nice appdawg, did you have any fitment issues? Did you have to do any trimming? Does your air box cover pop into place good? Did you switch air boxes too? 

Only issue I had was with the air filter access side. Had to trim a little off the top but not much. Everything fit really well. Totally changed to look of the bike. Had my suspension revolved/resprung over the winter thus the lack of forks in the picture

Ok, after not being able to sleep thinking about it, I took the radiator braces off and the shrouds bolted up perfectly, the air box cover definitely isn't snapping into place good and I trimmed the electric housing back, not sure what's going on there but I'll get it figured out hopefully. So the 15 plastics on a 12 swap is definitely possible. Maybe a little aggravating. But definitely possible 

IMG_3470.JPG

A picture with my ragged seat on, I have the front fender and number plate adapter from flatland on its way, so I'll keep the thread posted on how it turns out! I'll have to figure something out about the air box cover not snapping in place good, but I read in another thread that you can upgrade to the 15 airbox and those problems should be eliminated. 

IMG_3472.JPG

Ok, I got the flatland racing fender adapter in and got it put on. Very happy with the fit! Also after a little more trimming on the airbox I have the cover popping in place perfectly! I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out! I kind of wish I would've ordered a orange rear fender to go with it now! 

IMG_3482.JPG

• Like 2