First bike DRZ400sm Jetting question

So i just bought my first bike, and after riding it today i've noticed it backfires quite a lot when decelerating. Its only got about 1300km on the clock and its a 2017 model. It has a full Yoshi exhaust, and i asked the previous owner and didn't rejet the bike. What should my options be from here, is this really bad for the bike? Do i need to rejet it and do most motorcycle mechanics do this? Also tossing up if i should do the 3x3 mod?

Cheers

Bike.jpg

Edited by Dion Ciuk

The bike runs hot and is lean from the factory to help lower emissions.

The exhaust system has leaned it out even more. I don't know if it's to the point to cause damage but you're certainly not going to get any additional power from the exhaust system without rejetting it.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

The exhaust popping is mostly due to the loud exhaust so you hear it more.  The popping is with closed throttle coast so it is the low speed jetting (pilot jet).  You will not eliminate it but it still is a good idea to re-jet with or without the Yosh exhaust.  I suggest the JD Jetting Jet kit for a DRZ400SM.  It will address the full spectrum of jetting idle to wide open .

• Like 2