Sign in to follow this  

Electrical nightmare

This is my first thread here, been searching online for some help with no luck. I have a 2001 wr250f i picked up for 1600. Someone already did the conversion to dual sport. Well, my control switch went bad and i got a k&s universal one. Now nothings working. Been trying everything. I was hoping someone has put one of these switches on before and could help me out a bit. I have gotten the headlight to come one. But only the hi beam. 

You've wired it wrong, most likely.

I cannot be more specific as I have no idea what DS wiring kit you had, what kind was the old switch and what wires you've connected to what.

The KS switch wiring diagrams come with the switch and are online.

I decided on starting fresh. I ordered a tusk kit and have all but the headlight wiring done. Now the previous kit was all botched together with every wire being old and switching colors every 6 to 12 inches. For the headlight, i need to connect to the original harness that goes to the headlight, but it is no longer on the bike. Below in the first image is what rocky mountain has said to do. And below that is an oem wiring diagram. Would i simply need to tap into the yellow blue and black 3 wire connector for the headlights? I dont wanna start hacking into stuff and make it worse. Electrical isnt my strong point. Everything else works now with the new kit. 

Capture+_2017-08-23-21-39-08.png

wrf-wiring.jpg