best powerwasher for racing?

was closing my garage and it closed on my power washers nozzle and broke the b*tch off!!! Now Im sort of in the market for a new one that will clean a bike and other small machinery without breaking the bank or bending a sub frame with enough pressure to kill a man.

2 hours ago, Stoney_605 said:

was closing my garage and it closed on my power washers nozzle and broke the b*tch off!!! Now Im sort of in the market for a new one that will clean a bike and other small machinery without breaking the bank or bending a sub frame with enough pressure to kill a man.

Lowes and Home Dept should have suitable replacement wands.

• Like 2

I have two pressure washers.  One gas-engine driven Troybilt that I use for the driveway, house, cars, etc.  The other is a small Ryobi electric.  Small, lightweight, and does the job on the bikes without fear of blasting a hole in the seat cover.  Similar to this one but I paid about $70 at Home Depot for mine on sale.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-1-600-PSI-1-2-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY141600/205566079

My gas engine beats the electric one in the quarter mile by about an eighth mile . . .

Edited by markbfe501
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wild Alaskan said:

Pneumatic tires and well lubed bearings are critical to achieving maximum speeds when racing power washers, also you can pull off the governor and over bore the spray tip for maximum propulsion.

It's all about ball bearings these days. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, markbfe501 said:

I have two pressure washers.  One gas-engine driven Troybilt that I use for the driveway, house, cars, etc.  The other is a small Ryobi electric.  Small, lightweight, and does the job on the bikes without fear of blasting a hole in the seat cover.  Similar to this one but I paid about $70 at Home Depot for mine on sale.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-1-600-PSI-1-2-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY141600/205566079

My gas engine beats the electric one in the quarter mile by about an eighth mile . . .

Well apparently there are people racing pressure washers ?

https://www.google.ca/search?q=pressure+washer+go+kart&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUw-KNrObVAhUSyWMKHaQADwIQ_AUICSgA&biw=1111&bih=562&dpr=1.09

Otherwise and as I post in these topis, I was well use a cheap $40 electric pressure washer from Walmart fir washing my bikes and IMO perfect for the job. One thing I do is make sure I take off the wand hose and store it separately from the unit.

Then I have seen a pressure washer set-up advertised is a dirt bike mag for washing dirt bikes when there isn't and actual home water source IE a race track but I can't find a link. 

I got a cheap home depot electric Homelite that works great at home but if you want something that can suck water from a 55 gal barrel at the race track look for a pressure washer with a Cat Pump. Cat pumps are the only ones I know of that don't need water pressure from the hose to work and will actually suck the water out of the drum. Price tag is around $700.
Google 'Cat Pump power washer' for more research.

http://www.watercannon.com/p-6246-honda-gx200-cat-triplex-pump-28gpm-3200psi.aspx?gclid=CjwKCAjwrO_MBRBxEiwAYJnDLLvjdkgpyF8O1Ywv0LSwmd8SkMWFSGKfex8YmS8jTOL5Gfkx3nlFihoCTJ0QAvD_BwE

• 1 year later...

No electric will scrub out dirty concrete. Electric pressured washers are what I call "pressure rinsers".

If you want to get baked in scum and moldy residue out of concrete you'll need the power of a gas washer. The electric ones will do a good job rinsing your siding of and blasting the loose stuff off your driveway tho. I'm a big fan of the convenience of electric washers but I don't expect things like blasting out dirty concrete.

Your problem was solved when yours was destroyed,

Hook up to a hot water tap and use a brush and sponge, still be careful with where you spray with city water pressure.

Pressure washers destroy

Linkage bearings

Wheel bearings

Brake fluid

Forks

Electronics

Just say no.

Sealed bearings are NOT as sealed as everyone pretends.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Honestly I just go to the local carwash and spray er off there with high pressure soap and hot water. She comes out showroom ready every time.... Aside from all the scratches and dings from the trails that is. One thing I really like about it is that they have a wax setting which I always use during the last like 3 minutes, wipe down with a towel afterwards and she looks real pretty. Only thing is I have no idea what pressure these ones are usually, but it's a lot lower than the other washes, and the one at work which is meant to wash semi's.

I recently found this one at a Wally World for $45.  Works just fine, it's light, and easily stores out of the way.

Stanley 1500psi Pressure Washer - $30

Edited To Add: I find it easy enough to keep the power washing away from areas which may be sensitive to high pressure, and a pressure washer prevents me from needing to take off the skid plate and hand rinse the foam packing after every ride.

Edited by Center Punch
clarity