What kind of tire sealant are you running and how do you like it? I will be fitting a TUBliss system shortly and I don't like the idea of dumping a pint of soapy water into my rim, so I am going to use the sealant method of mounting.

TIA :D

What kind of tire sealant are you running and how do you like it? I will be fitting a TUBliss system shortly and I don't like the idea of dumping a pint of soapy water into my rim, so I am going to use the sealant method of mounting.
TIA

I installed my Tubliss front and rear with liberal Sliming as my lube, really coated everything and 1 install was easy 2 nothing has leaked at all in 3 months 3 I only ever changed about 6 tires so that's pretty good success for a newb! 4 I love having all that traction on my YZ and not worrying about pinch flats, it's seriously awesome.

Sent from my SM-G935V using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeavyRotation said:

I installed my Tubliss front and rear with liberal Sliming as my lube, really coated everything and 1 install was easy 2 nothing has leaked at all in 3 months 3 I only ever changed about 6 tires so that's pretty good success for a newb! 4 I love having all that traction on my YZ and not worrying about pinch flats, it's seriously awesome.

Ding Ding Ding!!!!! :D

Which Slime product did you use? It seems there are several.

1 minute ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

When guys would bring in a flat to the shop we would charge extra for having to clean that crap up. :p

....what shop? I'll stay away....................;)

{mounting this one myself) :D

• Like 1

On 8/19/2017 at 4:08 PM, HeavyRotation said:

I wouldn't use it in my street tires. I just used it as lubrication for the Tubliss install.

Okay! Picked up a bottle of Armor All at the auto store. TUBliss instructions said to use the stuff on the inner liner for installation. Seems like a new formula since I last used Armor All and I really liked it. Had a semi-gel consistency that stayed put and was easy to work with. Next, I used the tube bicycle style of Slime, and it too worked quite well. Bought a set of Dr. Roc Tire spoons and again, very pleased with them. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3SJ699/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was actually a little stingy with the Slime, but everything sealed just fine and some excess did come out around the bead and the high pressure valve. The TUBliss system was relatively easy to install, and once in place, there is no naked tube to possibly puncture while putting the tires on. Last time I did my RM250, I punctured the first tube. I wasn't a 'tire' guy until yesterday. Installing tires with the TUBliss system is not too bad. Still somewhat difficult work, but doable. :D

20170902_161709.jpg

20170910_091616.jpg

Yeah my back tubliss tire was super easy. I just used armor all and soap.
Sorry to get off track (don't forget this is tt) but how do u like the front tubliss? People say it feels washy when u have low pressure. When I hit something with my front tire hard I'm always afraid I'm getting a flat.

• Like 1

Haven't put the rims on the bike yet. :(

I'd think that if your front felt squishy you could just add some air, no?

Edited by Bermudacat

On 8/19/2017 at 3:30 PM, Bermudacat said:

TIA :D

Curious why you dont like the idea of soapy what into your rim?  Corrosion?  If so I hear Slime will do the same thing but I use it and it hasn't caused any harm.  BTW there is supposed to be some better stuff out as a sealant but I dont recall the name???

There are a lot of rules to tubliss, and the rules conflict in a few spots but once you get it like anything else its pretty easy.  I use the slime not only to seal but for flat prevention.  I thought the same as most that it would be a huge mess but it's only a small one, and easily washed off with water.

I have been having trouble with the rim tape they give you with the product.  I clean it as directed and about half the time it just doesnt stick that well.  I've given up on it and use duct tape and so far so good.  I dont advocate it, just sayin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sycamore said:

Curious why you dont like the idea of soapy what into your rim?  Corrosion?

There are a lot of rules to tubliss, and the rules conflict in a few spots but once you get it like anything else its pretty easy.

I use the slime not only to seal but for flat prevention.  

I thought the same as most that it would be a huge mess but it's only a small one, and easily washed off with water.

I have been having trouble with the rim tape they give you with the product.  I clean it as directed and about half the time it just doesnt stick that well.  I've given up on it and use duct tape and so far so good.  I dont advocate it, just sayin.

Corrosion is a close #2; "A pint's a pound the world around."   One of the main reasons I chose the TUBliss was weight savings.

Super pleased with the Slime method. Not sure what all the whining is about because the stuff wipes clean with a paper towel. I just ran a small bead around the base of the red TUBliss and inflated it. Next I wiped the excess away from the side of the rim/bead. There is still a little trickling out here and there. I did notice some of the rim tape had lifted a bit, but not too much. It occurred to me that duct tape might be a good alternative for the future. I also deviated a bit by using the opposing hole in the rim for the bladder valve rather than drilling another hole four spokes over. Seemed to work just fine.

Thanks for the info.

5 hours ago, Wild Alaskan said:

Slime all the way, had some seal about 20 pin holes from some overly long studs and had no issues. Also if wiping a bit of slime off a tire with a paper towel warrants an extra charge, you are in the wrong business.

I put mine in for cactus needle protection but have yet to see any oozing out.  I did however see a bunch ooz out from side knobs chunking off my front tire. weird.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bermudacat said:

Corrosion is a close #2; "A pint's a pound the world around."   One of the main reasons I chose the TUBliss was weight savings.

Super pleased with the Slime method. Not sure what all the whining is about because the stuff wipes clean with a paper towel. I just ran a small bead around the base of the red TUBliss and inflated it. Next I wiped the excess away from the side of the rim/bead. There is still a little trickling out here and there. I did notice some of the rim tape had lifted a bit, but not too much. It occurred to me that duct tape might be a good alternative for the future. I also deviated a bit by using the opposing hole in the rim for the bladder valve rather than drilling another hole four spokes over. Seemed to work just fine.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah I'm a big weight weenie too but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. ;) I recall slime calls for 8oz per tire.  I've seen both rides and races saved with slime or the ability to plug a flat.  That's a pretty cool feature.   I still hear you on the weight though, seems like we get this super light bike and just keep piling chit on it, all small things but it just adds up. 

• Like 1

Question? 

With the green slime in the tire, as it rotates, does it, the green slime, act as a flywheel and give you more momentum as a heaver flywheel would? ( eye think that makes cents! )

1 hour ago, irme42day said:

Question? 

With the green slime in the tire, as it rotates, does it, the green slime, act as a flywheel and give you more momentum as a heaver flywheel would? ( eye think that makes cents! )

yup but it's detriment to suspension and probably some other things too.  The less weight you have the better.  I think the ratio is 7 to 1 for sprung vs unsprung weight...or so they say.

5 hours ago, Sycamore said:

Yeah I'm a big weight weenie too but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. ;) I recall slime calls for 8oz per tire.  I've seen both rides and races saved with slime or the ability to plug a flat.  That's a pretty cool feature.   I still hear you on the weight though, seems like we get this super light bike and just keep piling chit on it, all small things but it just adds up. 

I hear that! Running T6 tubes is a weight penalty too. Last thing I want is tire changing eating into riding time. I prefer to keep them separate.:smirk:

19 hours ago, Wild Alaskan said:

Slime all the way, had some seal about 20 pin holes from some overly long studs and had no issues. Also if wiping a bit of slime off a tire with a paper towel warrants an extra charge, you are in the wrong business.

Mechanic? DIRT BIKE mechanic. :lol:

• Like 1