Upgrading to 2018 AER?

Curious if anyone is doing this. Really like where my forks are right now except for the initial travel. Can back off my air pressure but when the braking bumps get gnarly, can get a bit of head shake. Been told the initial travel is smoother than the 2017 setup. Different O ring that has better reliability and less stiction??

I heard the same thing from a friend who works at KTM. 

When he mentioned it, my first question was "do you think it could be a Ohlins approach of using softer seals and rings, which would result a need for more frequent rebuilds?".

He said it was too soon to tell but could be the case. 

My tuner just made the swap on his bike. Waiting to hear back from him too. Hadn't thought about the rubber being softer and wearing faster.

Yeah. That's been how Ohlins has made their forks and shock absorbers so smooth. I've sworn them off, a long time time ago. 

On superbikes, since I've discovered Bitubo I've never looked back. Now that I've been riding MX, I can't seem to find a suspension manufacturer that stands head-and-shoulders above the rest. Everyone swears by the brand on which they last spent their money; looks like they just want to justify their spending to themselves. 

• Like 1