Numb thumbs

Sort of a weird question But this is the second time this has happened to me this summer.

Just got home from an xc race Running my 14 300xc that just before or around mid race both of my thumbs go numb. I don't remember it ever happening just trail riding but my last 2 races It's not a ride ending kind of thing just makes things feel a little funny on the controls department

Anyone else had this issue and found a remedy. I should state I'm already running pillow top grips

Thanks for the tips fellas. Gunna look into the things I can from these

From time to time I have experienced the same thing even pushes into the 2 brake or clutch fingers , some times even had to stop and shake it out of the hands . 

Seems to be no rhyme or reason , 2 stroke , 4 stroke , hot , cold , not in shape or even when in way better shape . 

Just seems to come and go .....couple times of year but always just one hand at a time .

Edited by still2smokin
  • Like 1

If it gets worse check with a doc. If you pinch nerves long enough it can do permanent damage. 

• Like 1

I had this happen today too for the first time in 15 years and today was only a short, medium difficulty ride.  my bike set up had been the same for 11 months. 80 hours on it.    I jolted wrong or something funny happened... my thumb all of a sudden felt like it was asleep in my right hand.

On 8/19/2017 at 6:43 PM, Monk said:

Torque you triple clamps properly, open flag handguards, composite skidplate, 

what????   vibration you figure?