Vegas EX round 1 livestream 8pm pst bench racing

http://www.dirtrider.com/   Livestream

http://www.endurocross.com/live-timing-and-scoring 

A great interview with the Champion Colton Haaker

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/colton-haaker-endurocross-training

"What are some things that you do to prepare physically?

You’re basically running the anaerobic threshold for 20 minutes. My heart rate average is 195 during the whole race. You make mistakes because endurocross is so difficult at times. The water from obstacles gets dragged around the course, then it gets slippery. When things happen where you have to pull a bike out of a bad predicament, your heart rate spikes up to 210 beats per minute and then you recover"

There have been many practices, it doesn't save them anywhere I can find. Here is a screen shot of one:

has Finished

Practice

RankNbrRacerHometownBrandLapLaptimeFastest

1st#2WEBB, CRoyal Oaks, CAKTM200:45.08300:45.083

2nd#1HAAKER, CPerris, CAHusqvarna200:45.88600:45.886

3rd#7REDMOND, KLake Hughes, CABETA200:47.70500:47.705

4th#118GRAFFUNDER, CRedland, CAKTM200:49.61900:49.619

5th#84HART, TInvermere, BCHusqvarna200:49.68200:49.682

6th#14TREMAINE, TGardnerville, NVKTM200:49.97600:49.976

7th#15GERSTON, MScottdale, AZBETA200:50.59200:50.592

8th#696KEPPLE, NAlpine, CAKTM201:04.52901:04.529

They have a totally new format this year which is kinda confusing and we're working through. 

The top 8 in points are automatically in the main event. The times you see are from their hot lap. 

Ty who finished 12th last season had to qualify in during the day to the night show. He won his heat race. 

Then all the guys like him who made it in through the day qualifiers will race the first race of the night. Those top 5 advance to the main. 

From there they will do another race for main event gate pick and setup for the bracket races. 

Hopefully they explain it well during the broadcast because it is confusing. 

• Like 2

Well, Haaker is a dirty MF rider, and Cody will have to grow a big pair to beat him this year since Colton is going to play dirty. Webb has been nice too long, he needs to repay the multiple dirty moves on Colton. I hate to see it come to this, but it looks like a demolition derby is what it's gonna be. 

Ty got a terrible start and never recovered, Max I think got 5th, but the stream never showed anyone but the leaders so it was hard to keep track. A small crowd, and a very confusing format. This sport will need to do more to prosper or even survive I would think. It's great to have a Enduro anything live stream, but they need to sell some tickets.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dirtbird said:

In the first last, i think it was Ty that fall down just after a big log and a Honda rider tried to go over him, is that correct Chris?

Isn't this new format more tiring for the riders outside rhe top eight?

Yeah that was Ty under the Honda. Another rider took Ty's bike out from under him, then the Honda ended up on top of him. After that he was a little beat up and couldn't get a race pace back. 

Can't say we like the new format at all. Before top 20 where all on equal footing going into the events. Equal ride time, equal opportunities for gate picks, equal opportunitie to make the main. Now those not in the top 8 have to run day qualifiers, then they run the first race of the night to make the main (which Ty won) that race is 6 laps. Then two races later they are back on the line for another 6 lap race to determine main event gate pick.  Its not ideal, but it's what we have now. At least it gave Ty a chance to stand on the podium for the first race.  

• Like 1

The livestream started late, we never got to see Ty win the 1st race of the night. It's a great job of riding, and Cooper Abbott (Destry's son) stayed close on him until the end. Ty looked great as did the bike and his Fox gear, I'm amazed how high some of those tire jumps launched him. He got the inside gate pick (I guess off of qualifying time?) and got a great start and held it. There is some carnage going on that is also interesting, 2 guys get together on the rock hill and tumble off the side together. For those that didn't watch it yet, the women's race was super exciting with multiple lead changes on the last lap, and girls getting stuck right next to each other, with the 1st to get going in the lead. Great action.

http://www.cyclenews.com/2017/08/article/2017-las-vegas-endurocross-results/

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Summit said:

I was a little surprised, seemed like a lot of 4 strokes?? And that Colton guy is a smart ass.

It's because of the way tracks are now. We would love it if they where technical and slow so that a 2t would be an advantage, but with these slick flat corners a 4t is the way to go. 

The first bracket race is a perfect example. Colton and Ty on fourstrokes and Cory Graffunder a two stroke. 

Colton and Ty clearly beat Cory off the line and are pretty close until Colton cuts over to the left on Ty (not exactly the racing line).  Then the 180 before the tire double was super slick, they all take an inside line to block each other. Ty even slips, but still easily hits the tire double. Cory doesn't feel comfortable doing it and rolls it. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Summit said:

And that Colton guy is a smart ass.

That Colton guy? I'm guessing you're new to the sport. Lol

On 8/19/2017 at 11:42 PM, Johnny Depp said:

Well, Haaker is a dirty MF rider, and Cody will have to grow a big pair to beat him this year since Colton is going to play dirty. Webb has been nice too long, he needs to repay the multiple dirty moves on Colton.

I'm a big fan of both of them. The first 'pass' I was "Ohhhhhh, that was dirty, but that is racing". But then when Haaker goes "The best man won" (talking about himself), I was "Ohhhhh, somebody is starting sh*t", then when Haaker knocked Webb off his bike on the straight?!? Sh*t is getting real... real early in the season. Lol.

Webb is such a super ultra nice guy, and he's going to have to get a mean streak sparked up if he's going to put a hold on Haaker's dominance. Just look at the interview of each of them. Haaker enjoyed being the a-hole, and Webb was STILL the nice guy even in his post interview. He blamed nobody but himself for his finish.

2 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

For those that didn't watch it yet, the women's race was super exciting with multiple lead changes on the last lap, and girls getting stuck right next to each other, with the 1st to get going in the lead. Great action.

The women had the best last lap of the night!!!

Also, the guy (kid) that got 3rd place (Trystan Hart) is a local from this area that races (kicks ass) in our provincial series. I knew he was next level on a motorcycle, but didn't realize he was 'that' next level.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ccullins said:

It's because of the way tracks are now. We would love it if they where technical and slow so that a 2t would be an advantage, but with these slick flat corners a 4t is the way to go. 

The first bracket race is a perfect example. Colton and Ty on fourstrokes and Cory Graffunder a two stroke. 

Colton and Ty clearly beat Cory off the line and are pretty close until Colton cuts over to the left on Ty (not exactly the racing line).  Then the 180 before the tire double was super slick, they all take an inside line to block each other. Ty even slips, but still easily hits the tire double. Cory doesn't feel comfortable doing it and rolls it. 

Thanks for that very insightful educated feedback right there. And yes, there was a lot of flat slick corners, it seemed like even with the 4t's the rider's were sliding the rear a lot. I like the way they make use of the start line straight by throwing a tire out there to make them go around, and I get that Endurocross and berms don't really go together. I saw from a helmet cam video that they even place smaller logs and milk crates in the matrix to fill them in so lesser skilled riders don't end up stuck between them lap after lap, and it still kicks their butts.

Just watched the replay.  I like both Haaker and Webb, but that knock down in the straight was dirty to me.  I was actually surprised when i saw him do that.  When Haaker did his post interview there was a tone about him that came off as guilty to me.  Interesting hearing the crowd boo him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ccullins said:

So were they 250's or 450's?

KTM, Husky, Beta guys mostly are on 350's. 

Guys on Japanese bikes 250's, but a lot of them like the Abbott's run big bore kits. 

I remember an interview with Webb saying he was on a 250F as it tires him out less than the 350 and 300. That maybe has changed since then. Not sure.