How many miles are on your DRZ?

I just bought my DRZ used with 2,043 miles on it.  I was amazed, when I was searching for used bikes how many DRZs I saw with 10,000+ miles.  I even saw a few that had over 30,000 miles.  

So how many miles are on your DRZ and has it needed anything other than routine maintenance?

Doc

Edited by Doc_d

I just bought my DRZ used with 2,043 miles on it.  I was amazed, when I was searching for used bikes how many DRZs I saw with 10,000+ miles.  I even saw a few that had over 30,000 miles.  
So how many miles are on your DRZ and has it needed anything other than routine maintenance?

Doc

14.5, basic maintenance

Sent from my SM-G935V using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

Wow, some of these numbers are crazy.  That was one of the big reasons I bought a DRZ.  I have a plated KTM 350 XCF-W, but I only plated it to legally connect trails, grab gas or lunch during a single track ride.  I recently moved to a rural area and live off a dirt road with endless dirt roads and low traffic two lane paved roads around me.  I was tempted to tool around on my KTM but with 20 hour oil changes, 45 hour piston replacements, etc that just didn't make sense.  The DRZ is absolutely perfect for what I'm using it for and the fsct it's so reliable and requires so little maintenance just leaves riding.... Lots and lots of riding.

Doc

• Like 3

Almost 19k miles on my 2006, bought it new. The engine was stock for about the 1st 200 miles before it got a pipe, 3x3 and jet kit. After a thousand miles or so it got Hotcams.

I put a big bore in at 16k and the piston, rings, and cylinder looked good and all measured in spec.

The only engine component that I have replaced because it needed changed was the cam chain at 17k. Other than tires, chain, sprockets and brakes pads, I replaced the rear wheel seals and the chain derailer.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Doc_d said:

Wow, some of these numbers are crazy.  That was one of the big reasons I bought a DRZ.  I have a plated KTM 350 XCF-W, but I only plated it to legally connect trails, grab gas or lunch during a single track ride.  I recently moved to a rural area and live off a dirt road with endless dirt roads and low traffic two lane paved roads around me.  I was tempted to tool around on my KTM but with 20 hour oil changes, 45 hour piston replacements, etc that just didn't make sense.  The DRZ is absolutely perfect for what I'm using it for and the fsct it's so reliable and requires so little maintenance just leaves riding.... Lots and lots of riding.

Doc

Suzuki's, when given proper maintenance are stone axe reliable, and there is a huge availability of spares and aftermarket parts.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, L pescador said:

I have a couple miles on my bike and it is still in good condition and looks super clean for its mileage.

IMG_1449.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

Yeah, well my Trip A has more miles than you Trip A.  

Seriously though how how did you keep your bike looking that clean with all those miles?  My bike with 2,000ish miles on it doesn't look that clean.

Edited by Doc_d

6 hours ago, 74jimbo said:

i have over 18k miles on mine.... but now it sits, I seized my piston  ---- time for a 434 bb and stroker crank.....

Any idea why the piston seized?  Did it overheat?

I picked my 07 up at the beggining of the summer with about 2,500 miles, it now has about 3,600 and I feel like a berely had the chance to ride.. Something tells me its going to pick up more miles in the first full year I have it than it got it first 10 years of life :ride: 

• Like 1

"Only" 16,500 miles on my 2006 SM.  However, more than half of those miles have been put on by me since I purchased the bike 14 months ago. Only basic maintenance so far. Runs like a champ. *knock on wood*

A huge part of the appeal of this bike was the maintenance requirements, overall durability, and availability of parts and model specifIc knowledge. For those reasons I'm sort of glad we only see bold new graphics each year.

• Like 1