• Announcements

Samchez Gunteras

1992 DR350S Signal lights (both front and back) solid instead of flashing, signal relay bad?l

4 posts in this topic

Anyone ever had there signal lights stay solid? They are solid on the front and back, is this mean my signal relay is gone? If so, anyone know where this relat is located on the bike?

Anyone ever had there signal lights stay solid? They are solid on the front and back, is this mean my signal relay is gone? If so, anyone know where this relat is located on the bike?
Have you changed to leds? If you have you need resistors in your signals.
1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Samchez Gunteras said:

Can someone describe to me where the signal relay is? Ive hear its under the front head light cover but i coulsnt locate it. Help!

it should be attached to the left headlight ear.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By kingkelly
      My 79 XR185 is shaping up and its time to add some lights to make it work on the roads.
      From what I've read, the stock lighting that came with it is pretty weak. Ideally I'd like to be able to buy some 12 volt lighting that shines bright.
      Any advice would be great! I've got the wires hanging out for the headlight, just not sure what lights I can get running on them, and if I could upgrade that to something stronger.
    • By marteney1
      I've got a vintage enduro frankenbike. It's a 1980 Yamaha MX175 2-stroke, with a 1980 YZ125 engine in place, with the top end and carb from the MX. The MX is basically the same bike as the DT175, with the lights removed (and a slightly different engine tune). I picked this bike up with the understanding that it was a DT that had been stripped, and wanted to add head and tail lights and get it somewhat streetable (ride to the trail and back, etc).
      The YZ stator (magneto?) doesn't appear to have any room to add a lighting coil, and I can't find any aftermarket support with stator options for anything this old. 
      Any ideas on how to add lights, short of adding a battery w/ LED lights and recharging all the time? Maybe another bike (or newer YZ) has a similar flywheel diameter I can scavenge a stator with a small lighting coil from? I realize the bike won't have a huge output from it, and I'd be doing LED's anyway, and likely put a switch in to turn the lights on/off as needed. Just curious if anyone has any ideas/experience to impart. I've been googling around and have come up with very little to nothing, and I'm afraid that's about all I'm going to get. 
    • By Waz Hoare
      Hi everyone and merry chrimbo to all. 
      Ive pretty much finished my resto project and everything’s great apart from the dim lights. I bought the bike with the problem, and thought it would be an easy fix. Nothing seems to fix the fault. So far, I’ve replaced the whole wiring harness, the rear light and wires, brake light switch and wires, front light holder and wires, speedo cable and wires. All 6v bulbs and I even had the light coils checked and replaced. So everything has been done apart from the handlebar switchgear. 
      I had the frame powdercoated, but sanded the main earth point for the harnsess, so it’s a good earth. Even, ground two points of the five engine mounting points away hoping that might help. 
      All the electrics work like they should including the pass light, just dim lights. 
      Has anyone had this problem? Does the engine need to be grounded at every point? I thought if the engine had one good ground that would be enough. 
      Really at a loss with this, and if I can’t sort I have to admit defeat and had it over to an auto electrician 😞

• By TK Things
      Could use some help if anyone has a minute. I am installing some new items on my 2017 250L. Just put in a K&N air filter and now I am trying to install a TST brake light/fender eliminator kit. Had some fitment issues with bracket on my 2017. I will make a new thread for review of TST items installed. (I really like the quality and look just a few things to make people aware of). The issue I am having is finding the flasher relay. TST does not supply instructions but rather has great quality videos but not for 2017 model and the flasher relay is not in the same as in their video that is on a 2016 I think. Anybody know where the flasher relay is on 2017 ? Thanks in advance for any help for a guy with his bike tore apart staring at the wall haha
    • By nomeansno
      Suzuki Dr350 with many extras. Starts very easily, does not bog, no leaks of any kind from forks/shock/engine. In perfect mechanical condition. The only thing that would need to be done is adjusting the rear breaks as they currently slightly touch the rotor, and might potentially need to have the brake pads changed out, but that's $5-10. I'm recently out of hip surgery so I cannot take care of this for the buyer as I cannot bend down. Also, this is a dirt bike so there are some cosmetic imperfections from regular use (scratches etc). $2500 OBO

Upgrades/extras:
      - Acerbis 4.25 gallon gas tank
      - FMF powercore 4 muffler
      - Aftermarket plastics kit (stock in black included)
      - Aftermarket HID headlight (stock also included)
      - Lowering links included but not installed on the bike
      - Second set of wheels with off-road tires for a quick change over. Bike currently has road set of tires and rims on it
      - All tires have plenty of life left on them  
      - Other random stock parts are included