rear brake getting soft during downhill

my rear brake is getting soft during downhill i have changed the fluid and clean the caliper pin 

but still it gets soft while going on long descents the pad is like almost gone but is till in the clear according to the manual 

i am going to change pads and am looking for stainless pin's  any other thing this could be

o its a 2016 te300

I would try replacing the brake line with a steel braided one.  I think the original is flexing with age and you aren't getting that great feel your're looking for.

flexing with age after a year?  Seriously?  (not being a smartass, just didn't think they lost shape that soon)

Perhaps try a higher boiling point fluid?

On 8/21/2017 at 1:41 PM, Wraith0513 said:

flexing with age after a year?  Seriously?  (not being a smartass, just didn't think they lost shape that soon)

Perhaps try a higher boiling point fluid?

I was the Maintenance Supervisor with my company for 7 years before I moved into a new role and it got to the point nothing surprised me with the lack of quality parts in today's world. It was like everything is made to fail after a short period of time to ensure you need new parts and/or service.  But you're probably right about the fluid, didn't think about that right off the bat.

Ok change the pads and fluid

Then cleaned the pin which was slightly rusted which is weird scenes I have cleaned it like 2 months ago and barely been in any water or did any riding All so Sam rust on the top of the disc and glazing on the old pads seems like the rear brake are overheating they dont seem to be dragging after a short ride I will be checking in a longer ride

Did anyone had this be for I will be changing the pins to stainless but is that anything else 

P_20170827_111743.jpg

1503822348952-536414322.jpg

You're likely overheating the rear brake and experiencing fade. Keeping the fluids fresh will help, along with using a rotor with more venting. The easiest way to solve it is to go faster down the hill and use it less. 

wouldn't work wear i ride chose most downhills are 45 +- degree and vary twisty hard pack soil and rocks with pockets of loose dirt and lime rock powder 

i think it's caused by breaks draug when the brakes are hot i have taken the caliper of and clean and grease the 3 pins the should help the caliper and pads float

but it doesn't float as much as i think it sholde did anyone had this ?

Edited by motodr441

it ended out being just an old bottle of brake fluid got a new one and all is good 

On 8/20/2017 at 6:14 PM, Fullthrottle1st said:

I would try replacing the brake line with a steel braided one.  I think the original is flexing with age and you aren't getting that great feel your're looking for.

the original is braided  steel

9 hours ago, motodr441 said:

it ended out being just an old bottle of brake fluid got a new one and all is good 

the original is braided  steel

Glad to hear it was an easy fix and you have a quality brake line from the factory...