Stock KTM caliper with 320mm rotor for the track?

Just got a 09 450 XCF setup for motard but has stock brakes.  They overheated badly on the track.  Trying to keep it on the cheap so looking at a 320 mm EBC rotor, had one on my DRZ and it worked great on the street but concerned about overheating on the track with the stock Brembo caliper. Boiling brake fluid is not fun!

I've road raced a crf450 with just the bracket and 320rotor and stock everything else. It's not ideal, and a nice motomaster setup will give you much better feel, but it will work in a pinch. Make sure you have fresh RACE fluid, new pads,  and that your master and caliper are in good condition then you should have no problem. 

• Like 1

On the cheap, you could do a Motul RBF660 fluid change with some Sintered pads and maybe a stainless braided line.  I would recommend against using a EBC 320mm kit.  For some unknown reason they put the rotor buttons too far outboard to clear basically any aftermarket caliper with larger than stock pads.. So if you want to upgrade the hydraulic portion later, you just wasted your money.  

Wouldn't recommend it. I ran a 320 rotor with the standard 2 pot caliper and managed to boil fluid on the road - I ran it for about a month before upgrading to a 4 pot with a better master cylinder and hose

wheel.jpg