pw80 stator

Hi guys i have a pw80 with no spark tried new ignition coil nothing so i tried hooking my multimeter up to the 2 wires at the stator only about 3 volts so i thought that was my problem so i ordered a used stator off ebay the guy promised me it was good put it on the bike and the same thing about 3 volts iam pretty sure that is not enough to start the bike what are the chances both are bad? any ideas could the flywheel magnets be bad also does anyone know the ohm specs for the stator thanks any ideas would be appreciated 

What year is the PW? I've had a few n have manuals for them however I believe the resistance at the primary coil is different in some years then others. U should measure the resistance as opposed from the voltage tho of course they at related. Also that is not a part u want to buy used..

Sent from my SM-G930P using ThumperTalk mobile app

It's a 2006 shouldn't I get more than 3 volts coming right off the stator? I believe the ohms where around 420k when I tested  the stator which I think is ok so can it still be bad? Even if the ohms are within range

and the old stator read 227k

used stator never again:jawdrop:

Don't forget to check the simple things also, like disconnect the kill switch n see if u get spark then. Try a different spark plug for testing, ect..

thanks for the pics i will save them iam sure they will come in handy in the future checked and double checked everything still no spark so i broke down and ordered the performance black dragon ignition system for 150 shipped should solve my problem i will let you guys know how it performs compared to the old 1

• Like 1

Sounds good. Make sure you disconnect the kill switch to see if that may be the issue if you haven't already. Also the fluwheitswlf can have enough dirt or corrosion to prevent spark. I'd be willing to bet you have a grounding problem or corroded flywheel... those little bikes are bulletproof

Hi guys finally got the blackdragon pw80 performance ignition system i must first say when i opened up the package i thought the parts looked cheap but i could see the stator did have much bigger coils than the oem 1 also the flywheel is tiny hooked it up took for a quick spin and honestly there was no dramatic difference the positive it did seem to hit the power band alittle quicker and had very little hesitation alittle tuning will probably take care of that... will take for a speed run tomorrow but for 150 shipped a full ignition system is not bad i guess especially since i tried just about everything with my old 1 and could not get spark 

On 8/26/2017 at 1:51 AM, nickwilliams79 said:

Hi guys finally got the blackdragon pw80 performance ignition system i must first say when i opened up the package i thought the parts looked cheap but i could see the stator did have much bigger coils than the oem 1 also the flywheel is tiny hooked it up took for a quick spin and honestly there was no dramatic difference the positive it did seem to hit the power band alittle quicker and had very little hesitation alittle tuning will probably take care of that... will take for a speed run tomorrow but for 150 shipped a full ignition system is not bad i guess especially since i tried just about everything with my old 1 and could not get spark 

I bought the blackdragon pw50 but I have not had the success you had. I've added photos of my installation. I think everything was installed as indicated but no spark.

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

Thanks for getting back. I did a resistance test. I believe the resistance of the primary is too large. I sent it back so that they can do their own testing. It is suppose to arrive in Florida this week so I will wait for the results. I am sure I had it installed correctly as that was not too difficult.

This is an awkward situation. After testing my coil, I called the company to explain what I believed to be the problem. They asked me to return it so that they could test it themselves. This I did on the 4th of June but kept the flywheel as I do not believe this to be a problem. Since then I have heard nothing. I have called but only get a garbled reception. Emails are not answered. I have offered to pay for the return but still no reply. so I am in a real predicament. I would purchase a new coil if that is the problem. Meanwhile I have no ATV.