Looking for UK Beta riders for INFO!!

Hey guys, I just wanted to see what experience uk 4 stroke beta riders have had from the original purchase for example was the headlight bulb already upgraded from standard at the dealer for road use, do all the bikes come with road approved tires also did the dealers stock the upgrade for the oil cogs from plastic to metal? Also other aftermarket parts like frame guards and header pipe guards what can we get here in the uk or from other places that doesnt have stupid import amounts?

theres bound to be other things i forgot to list but ill add them if i remember!

Either way would like as much info as possible even things i havent listed that you may feel i need to know!

thank you in advance Todd :)

Todd

I have the rr430 2016 and she has done 4000 miles, road, off road and enduro.

Changed out the oil pump gears and get all your after market parts for Boano in italy

as no import charge. Headlight, use the Polisport led ( THE NEW ONE ) has hi-lo beam

and very bright with a good beam.

• Like 1

Hi Todd

British Beta 450RR owner here, although I live in central France now.  I get most of my parts from ebay UK or Boano or AZ Moto in France.  The aftermarket parts availability and dealership back up is clearly much better in the US, which is ironic considering I live about 600 miles from the Beta factory and most of the US is at least 3000 miles away.  It's not as easy to get bits as something like a WRF450, but of course it's much much better to ride.

Try to strike up a relationship with your nearest Beta dealer and get an idea about OEM parts delivery times - they often have to go on back order.  Try to predict likely parts needs ahead of replacement and collect a bit of a spares kit so that you can keep the bike moving.  Nothing worse than a stupid cheap little unique part going wrong that stops you from riding for 3 weeks while it arrives from Italy.  This is Beta's weakest point IMO.

I'm about to do the oil pump gears on mine soonish.  For bash plates and guards etc take a look at this guy in Estonia (postage is reasonable):   http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beta-radiator-guard-kit-for-2T-and-4T-2013-17-RR250-RR300-RR-RS-350-390-430-480-/222604331199?hash=item33d44088bf:g:r2AAAOSwq~tZXnun

Loads of good advice here on Thumper...

Best of luck

Dave 

Thank you both of you for the help and advice, much appreciated! roll on the 390rr :D

Todd
I have the rr430 2016 and she has done 4000 miles, road, off road and enduro.
Changed out the oil pump gears and get all your after market parts for Boano in italy
as no import charge. Headlight, use the Polisport led ( THE NEW ONE ) has hi-lo beam
and very bright with a good beam.

Could you specify the headlight you speak of? I am looking at buying one for my 480 rr.

Sent from my SM-G900P using ThumperTalk mobile app