2 stroke question????

Hey guys and gals, I have a question. On my bike were the pipe attaches to the cylinder, has a lot of oil build up and it sprays oil all over my boots and the bottom of my bike. Is there any way to fix this? Does this effect the engine performance? Thanks for any help given.

IMG_20170820_171635_hdr.jpg

20 minutes ago, 351mustanger said:

There may be a copper crush washer that needs to be replaced too. Sometimes if this connection is left unattended for a long period, the pipe can vibrate enough to wear out the cylinder. 

Were is the crush washer located?

2 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Wow man that's bad. You may wanna consider a top end ,switch twostroke oil,  check jetting and float level.  Or get on the gas bud :ride: no offense at all

It has a brand new top end ,  jetting is perfect,  I like the oil I use,  and I ride the shit out of it!!! ? but thanks for the suggestions.

• Like 1

Make sure you have that copper gasket in there. And along with what everyone else has already said, you should also use hi-temp silicone as well. Apply it to the pipe where the 2 rubber o-rings go (I put some on before I put the rings on and then a little more after the rings are in place). With doing this I have always had great success. I never have any oil leaking out. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MotoHead said:

Make sure you have that copper gasket in there. And along with what everyone else has already said, you should also use hi-temp silicone as well. Apply it to the pipe where the 2 rubber o-rings go (I put some on before I put the rings on and then a little more after the rings are in place). With doing this I have always had great success. I never have any oil leaking out. Hope this helps.

So I cleaned it all up, and gasket makerd the crap out of it, so we will see if it holds up.