2 stroke question????

will only work if you got the copper washer and new springs and o rings

The copper washer that came in my gasket kit is much thicker than the one I pulled out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using ThumperTalk mobile app

On 8/22/2017 at 3:50 PM, Jack wagon said:

So I cleaned it all up, and gasket makerd the crap out of it, so we will see if it holds up.

I use a bunch of the black high temp rtv around the oring area of the pipe. In the end don't sweat it. The bike will be fine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dirtbeater said:

The copper washer that came in my gasket kit is much thicker than the one I pulled out.

Won't take long it will smash down to same size 

6 hours ago, dirtbeater said:

That's why they are called a "crush" washer. They are made of very soft anealed copper that will deform to seal the joint. But during use they become work-hardened so they won't deform anymore. They should be replaced every time the pipe is removed.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, schrode said:

I use a bunch of the black high temp rtv around the oring area of the pipe. In the end don't sweat it. The bike will be fine.

Yeah the gasket maker is working perfectly no more leaks:).    thanks!!

17 hours ago, dirtbeater said:

It is a crush washer, it'll smash down. You can tune for more bottom end by stacking a couple of them together. just an fyi

It is a crush washer, it'll smash down. You can tune for more bottom end by stacking a couple of them together. just an fyi

I almost forgot to put it in. I don't remember my KTM having one. It looked and felt almost hollow? Not sure though. Can you buy them in like a ten pack?