Hunter743

Back tire keeps slipping on jumps

3 posts in this topic

Whenever I ride on a track that it sand when ever my front tire leaves the ground on s jump my back tire slips around not a lot but it's distracting and annoying how can I do it to where I can jump without my back tire slipping

A common sand mistake is to use a standard riding position. You should be hanging further back on the bike with very little weight on the front wheel and pretty much using WOT(wide open throttle) most of the time. By staying back and keeping the rear wheel digging the front end will stay lighter. When you go off a sand jump keeping the throttle on is super important. The spinning wheel will dig in and stay planted and the already light front end will go where you guide it with your weight. Sounds strange but you can actually steer the bike by shifting your weight side to side when hanging way back and while on the gas hard. Good luck.

A common sand mistake is to use a standard riding position. You should be hanging further back on the bike with very little weight on the front wheel and pretty much using WOT(wide open throttle) most of the time. By staying back and keeping the rear wheel digging the front end will stay lighter. When you go off a sand jump keeping the throttle on is super important. The spinning wheel will dig in and stay planted and the already light front end will go where you guide it with your weight. Sounds strange but you can actually steer the bike by shifting your weight side to side when hanging way back and while on the gas hard. Good luck.

Thanks I'll try that I might go again this weekend