Budds Creek Spectator attendance.

Just got to see 1 hour of MX on the TV (yep, 1 hour.  250 moto 2!) 

Wow - is it just me, or was the attendance at the track incredibly low?   I remember going to Budds, and you were stacked 5 deep along the fence, all grassy areas jam packed.   
Seemed like there was only about 30% of the attendance I remember!!

The area we were sitting definitely had a lot more room than usual. Keep in mind that with the heat, a lot of people are in the shady spots and maybe not seen in the broadcasts.

Edited by JMwr400
  • Like 1

I believe having the event at the end of the series has hurt the attendance. I mean really how many times does a championship in any series come down to the last race?? Very little, this years SX was rare. There was a little drama with the 450s, but really baring no major problems, Eli and Zach will rap it up. I truly believe when there is over 30 points lead in both classes and the fact riders are kinda packing it in, attendance will suffer.

Budds use to be on fathers day weekend in june. Its not crazy hot yet and its a perfect event to do a family trip on a family holiday.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2017 at 8:32 AM, StillSmoking said:

All of the parking lots and camping areas were full. It did seem like there were less people than usual at the race but not less at the event.

Event production problems, people camping out in their AC instead of being outside spectating. First thing off the top of my head was misting machines under the tents that scattered around the track. IIRC the track see's no $ from concession sales 

15 hours ago, Mudd94 said:

And a hotel near by as well.  

Was this the last year for Budds?

That's the rumor. Who knows what's really going to happen. SX increases a few rounds, something has to go. I guess MXsports going play hard ball and keep 12 round MX or cut a few for a shorter series so the big names will show up.

It might be cut for another track. Its a damn shame though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marcus Robertson said:

That's the rumor. Who knows what's really going to happen. SX increases a few rounds, something has to go. I guess MXsports going play hard ball and keep 12 round MX or cut a few for a shorter series so the big names will show up.

It might be cut for another track. Its a damn shame though.

big names !? , who do you mean !? 

5 hours ago, aminem said:

big names !? , who do you mean !? 

The money is in SX, bottom line. MX is the foundation, the people who watch MX and go to the races are the people buying motorcycles, gear and parts.

So if Feld motorsports adds more SX rounds, maybe overseas rounds at that. The nationals have to do something, either reduce the races or try and push back the schedule in the year.. so "big names eli, marvin, cooper, Kenny, Jason, etc.." will be able to race the outdoor nationals.

Pushing the MX schedule further in the year will more than likely not work if the added amount of SX races is over 2 or 3 more. Personally I think its all ridiculous, I love watching racing, but man these guys pretty much don't have any time off. 17 SX, 24 30min +2 motos, MEC, RBSR, MXGPs, MXoN. To use eli for example last year. Was contracted to race 32 races last year.

We'll see what happens.

• Like 1