What 250cc four stroke should I get for my needs

So I am thinking about getting a 250cc enduro bike and then putting a small street legal kit on it when I get my license. I honestly don't know where to start. I live everything about Honda except for the looks, but then again I've only ever ridden Honda. Basically what I is a four stroke, Iwant is something good for casual woods riding and trail riding, that can go fast enough to not be in high rpms on the highway (in top gear), has decent handing, and has good looks (I really like the looks of ktm). Most of all I want something reliable like my current Honda crf 150. I swear that thing is bullet proof. I'm not sure if I'm asking too much out of a bike, but if you guys have any suggestions please let me know.

Crf230s can be easily turned street legal and are as bullet proof as your 150. But if your willing to do some more maintaince a ktm 250xcw or 350xcw would be great bikes tons of power, e-start, kick start, hydro clutch, good brakes, better suspension. Just need to do oil changes every 5-10 hours and Oil filter every other ride. You Can also clean the air filter every 3 rides but I just do it every few rides unless it's really dirty.

I ride a 17 ktm250sxf and can probably make it street legal if I want but that's not my style of riding or what it's good for. I also do oil changes every 5hours and clean and check over my bike after everyride. Kinda a habit and I also enjoy keeping my bike fresh for each ride since it's so new.

Sent from my SM-G930T using ThumperTalk mobile app

Crf230s can be easily turned street legal and are as bullet proof as your 150. But if your willing to do some more maintaince a ktm 250xcw or 350xcw would be great bikes tons of power, e-start, kick start, hydro clutch, good brakes, better suspension. Just need to do oil changes every 5-10 hours and Oil filter every other ride. You Can also clean the air filter every 3 rides but I just do it every few rides unless it's really dirty.

I ride a 17 ktm250sxf and can probably make it street legal if I want but that's not my style of riding or what it's good for. I also do oil changes every 5hours and clean and check over my bike after everyride. Kinda a habit and I also enjoy keeping my bike fresh for each ride since it's so new.

Sent from my SM-G930T using ThumperTalk mobile app

I just looked up the xcw and I'm not really looking for a 2 stroke, I'm definitely more of a four stroke guy. If you know anything about the ktm 250 exc-f please let me know. Like how much is costs used, it's reliability, etc. at least compared to similar bike from Yamaha or Honda

what state are you in?  Do they allow you to convert dirt bikes to plated bikes?

I live in Wisconsin and to be honest I don't know

1 hour ago, K1ckStart said:

I live in Wisconsin and to be honest I don't know

well you might contact the govt agency that issues license plates and titles in Wisc to figure out if you can.  If your intent is to be able to make it street legal, you need to start with one where you are able to do so.  If you cant convert a dirt bike to plated then you are going to be limited to street legal dual sports.