Announcer's for MX/SX. Can we do something?

I loved KROC in the box this weekend! It was so awesome! 3! 3 Racers! The commentary made me want to watch! I too said something about ET's gate pick but I know nothing and for KROC to say what he said, it taught me what to look for. Weege and Langston just make the outdoors better, and that is very hard to do as I am  huge outdoor fan!

I wish there was a way to get the message to Fox. I don't want to see a man lose his job but Sheheen makes SX unwatchable for me! When Emig and Goat are bantering as racers I love it! It gets me excited to watch! Please Fox, consider putting 2 racer's in the box! please move Sheheen to bowling or something I beg of you!

• Like 7

Color commentator...someone filling in all the quiet gaps left open by people who know what they're talking about with a constant stream of only generally related, pre-canned drivel. They really don't seem to have that much of it in MX sportscasting. Ralph is really good at it, and on top of that, they've made supercross such a circus, that his function will never go away. It's exhausting to listen to. You can hear Ralph in a bunch of other motorsports and it's all just as bad. I think Ralph has actually made Jeff dumber, Ricky is just sort of...well what the hell does Ricky actually do? It's always some weird track-side feature...and Jenny Taft is the only one on the SX broadcast team with any consistent insight or professional sports acumen. I think it's time for some new blood. What's someone like Ivan Tedesco doing these days? Or Rick Johnson? And never, ever let Juliana Daniel near a microphone on live television. She really drags down an already very intellectually challenged operation.
Ah, supercross. I can't not watch.

• Like 2

Ralph is a boil on the ass of SX. He is VERY irritating to listen to and it literally makes me turn down the sound most of  the time but FOX does not care about the actual rider/fans of SX. They know we are going to watch so they try to cater more to the clueless viewers out there that think it's neat that the flame throwers are blazing and the Monster Girls always having that Price Is Right fake smile gleaming.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, BBA said:

Ralph is a boil on the ass of SX. He is VERY irritating to listen to and it literally makes me turn down the sound most of  the time but FOX does not care about the actual rider/fans of SX. They know we are going to watch so they try to cater more to the clueless viewers out there that think it's neat that the flame throwers are blazing and the Monster Girls always having that Price Is Right fake smile gleaming.

Golf broadcasting is for golfer's. It is the way I wish things were here. I have stopped watching almost every Motor Sports show anymore, they cater to those who know nothing and they watch that one broadcast. 

I wish they would understand this. They can get someone to buy a ticket with all the fire and wonder women, but teach these kids and parents about the fundamentals of the sport an they get drawn in by learning about our great sport and just how interesting it really is! 

I hate to say this but it is primarily the reason I like the outdoors. I am sure we all relate to it better due to we ride outdoor tracks, but when you hear two racers (Weege and Langston) it naturally gets you excited as they get excited. I have learned how to ride better from taking tips from them. If our sport is not interesting to people, who cares!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Havingfun said:

:excuseme: you mean they are fake after all these years..  that's ok I am going to back to Gilligan island episodes.. Ginger here I come

1 hour ago, InTooDeep said:

Maryann

Sent from my 5054N using ThumperTalk mobile app

Boy's, Boy's!!

Let's not fight. Both would be just fine. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 1:56 PM, DethWshBkr_ said:

Dungey and Pourcel.

One can give good championship insight, how to train, be there every weekend, and how hard it is to win a championship, many, many times over.   The other can be there to fill the booth, since Canada is no longer the awesome.

We have already heard from Dungey about training, teamwork, diets etc,

He would be pretty boring in the box as he is way to politicaly correct. 

• Like 3

On 8/21/2017 at 10:31 AM, RockerYZWR said:

Color commentator...someone filling in all the quiet gaps left open by people who know what they're talking about with a constant stream of only generally related, pre-canned drivel. They really don't seem to have that much of it in MX sportscasting. Ralph is really good at it, and on top of that, they've made supercross such a circus, that his function will never go away. It's exhausting to listen to. You can hear Ralph in a bunch of other motorsports and it's all just as bad. I think Ralph has actually made Jeff dumber, Ricky is just sort of...well what the hell does Ricky actually do? It's always some weird track-side feature...and Jenny Taft is the only one on the SX broadcast team with any consistent insight or professional sports acumen. I think it's time for some new blood. What's someone like Ivan Tedesco doing these days? Or Rick Johnson? And never, ever let Juliana Daniel near a microphone on live television. She really drags down an already very intellectually challenged operation.
Ah, supercross. I can't not watch.

IMO, Emig is border line retarded.  Ralf has a impossible task working with Emig and Mr fir sure Carmicheal. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Husa your Daddy? said:

Windham, he's good.

And not all braggy like Emig.

I think Emig is a douche, evidence being when he was intentionally calling LaRocco's Leap "the parking lot jump" then when called out on it, trying to play it off like he forgot.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RMZ819 said:

IMO, Emig is border line retarded.  Ralf has a impossible task working with Emig and Mr fir sure Carmicheal. 

2 hours ago, redrider144 said:

I think Emig is a douche, evidence being when he was intentionally calling LaRocco's Leap "the parking lot jump" then when called out on it, trying to play it off like he forgot.

Emig is still a racer, so is RC. Sheheen is not.

• Like 1

Ralph is the companies color commentator.  If he isn't doing Supercross, he is calling another motor sports race.  Jeff is OK.  When the GOAT speaks, people listen.  Not only does he have an impressive record, he is still helping create top riders.

Langston and Weege are great. After a Supercross season, they are like "the drudgery of winter is over, summer is here."  They are constantly talking about the race without talking over each other or talking down to the audience.  Grant is constantly picking up subtle things and giving a racer's insight.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, redrider144 said:

He is a douche.  He's always saying things like "like I said" and "I was right when I said this" and "just like I said earlier" blah blah blah.

Stop patting yourself on the back, dickhead.

• Like 1