155 lbs riders on 2017 350 SXF

At 155 lbs, naked body weight. 

What suspension settings are you riding on your 2017-18 bike?

Did you change the rear spring, or only adjust the stock setup?

Did you have anything modified?

My bike is impressive for a stock one. However, like all bikes, its oversprung for my weight. When setting the rear sag according to KTM, there's much too little pre-load on the spring.

Yes you need the 39 rear spring and fork pressure 130psi , I would get a revalve if you can afford it

winning by 4:1 lol

I have a 2016 350. I had to change the rear spring, but I think the 2017 and 2018 already have that changed.

Now, the real difference is when I lowered the air pressure to 125-130 psi, but that depends on your speed and terrain, but it should not be too much different that that for your weight

• Like 1

I have a '17 350 SXF and weigh 165lbs without gear. I ran 140psi in my forks and set my race sag at 105mm with stock suspension, including the stock rear spring. I think you should be ok with the stock shock spring, just make sure you have 30mm-40mm of static sag. I have since had mine revalved and run 150psi and 108mm race sag

I think 105-106mm race sag seems to be the sweet spot with these bikes. When you set sag, did you set for 108-110? If so, try the bike at 105-106. See how it feels and then check your preload. I find my bike corners far better at 106 than 110. I weigh 185 without gear and have the stock 42 spring maxed out just to get 106mm race sag so I need to go up to a 45nm spring. On the forks I'm at 146psi, 17 clicks out on compression, and 12 clicks out on rebound. Still playing around with fork pressure to figure out what's right. I tried them at 148 at a sand track and it felt like it was plowing through corners, dropped it to 146 and it felt good. They take some trial and error. I'm still going through it. You can probably start around 140-142psi in the forks and see how much of the stroke you're using, then adjust from there. For stock stuff, it's really damn good. I'd love to try a setup with a revalve and updated '18 components.

I have 2017 250 SXF FE, 143 lbs without riding gear, changed the shock spring to a 40 set the sag at 108 and run 129 lbs up front. I live in southeastern NC... sand sand and sand my set up works really good for deep sand. I did notice on a hard packed track at least on the big jumps the forks bottomed not bad, going to the same track this weekend I plan on bumping up the air and comp in the forks.

I assume you guys are checking your race sag with full gear on. That is the weight that really counts. Depending on what protective gear you wear it can really add up. With boots, chest protector, helmet, knee braces and race clothes I weigh 20 lbs more. It changes my sag numbers quite a bit vs without gear on.

• Like 2

On 8/21/2017 at 7:55 AM, inlumo said:

At 155 lbs, naked body weight. 

What suspension settings are you riding on your 2017-18 bike?

Did you change the rear spring, or only adjust the stock setup?

Did you have anything modified?

My bike is impressive for a stock one. However, like all bikes, its oversprung for my weight. When setting the rear sag according to KTM, there's much too little pre-load on the spring.

With gear, you're probably 170 or so.  Your fork air pressure should be in the 125-135 psi range. 

Test it in 2-3 psi increments and you'll feel it.  This bike should turn well.  If it's not right: 

Too much pressure: The bike won't want to carve in a corner.    

Too little pressure: The front end tends to dive on hard braking. 

• Like 1