Is NF 23 passable by dirt bike?

I ride north of the 410 so forgive the following question:

I'm riding Juniper ridge from south to north and need to get back to my truck when I'm done, can I take nf 23 (even though it's closed) or is impassible? If I can't take it then is nf 25 the next best option?

thanks!

hmmm, it looks like I could take trail 270 back. My friends will be continuing north so I'd be riding alone, is trail 270 an easy trail? (I've gotten safer in my older age, always used to ride alone)

fwiw they have tongue signed closed because they don't want you on the 2801

phone pics 8.13.17 335.jpg

Edited by highmarker
  • Like 1

Was out at Gifford today. Crews of folks actively working on the first of two washouts. They have a gravel road passable as of now. I had to cross it after seriously hurting my leg. Think I tore my upper calf in a late day tip over. At first thought it was my knee. 

We were trying to get up to juniper ridge but this river was flowing so hard, we dared not cross. 

IMG_2110.JPG.e425208f7acc2f314c8a177cffcf5b54.JPG

11 hours ago, shrubitup said:

hope your leg is OK!

Thanks! I think I got lucky and just tore some muscle, appears to be no injury to the knee itself. 

13 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Was out at Gifford today. Crews of folks actively working on the first of two washouts. They have a gravel road passable as of now. I had to cross it after seriously hurting my leg. Think I tore my upper calf in a late day tip over. At first thought it was my knee. 

We were trying to get up to juniper ridge but this river was flowing so hard, we dared not cross. 

IMG_2110.JPG.e425208f7acc2f314c8a177cffcf5b54.JPG

very doable with the water flow like this, cross on the down stream side of the rope, did it recently. Gets a little deep just before the other side. 

1 hour ago, TommyB 754 said:

very doable with the water flow like this, cross on the down stream side of the rope, did it recently. Gets a little deep just before the other side. 

The guy pictured stripped down and walked it, the water was just about air box high, and then with the flow of current... Just decided it wasn't worth the risk, we did sit and ponder it for a while. Turns out it was a good thing, because both bikes wound up getting terrible mileage for some reason. I think we may have run out of gas if we'd run up to Juniper Ridge. 

• Like 2

Yeah, it was airbox deep when we did it, bike coughed on it a little but kept running, that water is cold

I have few guys heading to g.p. sat,I've never ridden there but my buddy has been there twice,his plan was juniper Ridge so he could show me some veiws of the mt range.so it's not possible at this time?should we ride another area,or is there plenty of riding on that side.any good loops?thanks in advance.sorry to hear about your leg tanker.

Sent from my SM-G900V using ThumperTalk mobile app

12 hours ago, mudmixer said:

I have few guys heading to g.p. sat,I've never ridden there but my buddy has been there twice,his plan was juniper Ridge so he could show me some veiws of the mt range.so it's not possible at this time?should we ride another area,or is there plenty of riding on that side.any good loops?thanks in advance.sorry to hear about your leg tanker.

Sent from my SM-G900V using ThumperTalk mobile app

Juniper can be ridden, seen pictures of folks up there. Our entry point was blocked though from the South. 

Rollie can perhaps describe how to access and loop Juniper?

IMG_2119.PNG

• Like 1

Yeah I'm still bad with road #'s But we unloaded before the 23road is washed out on the north side (Randle) then road the valley trail around the wash out. We also road through two more but not sure if we were still on the 23. Then I believe we were on the 2904 when we left the gravel road. Ended up doing Juniper through Devils staircase and back to the gravel rd that came out by the Cispus camp. Then back to the truck. 34miles and some awesome pics. Still trying to learn the roads up there. Going to Badger lake and a few other trails Saterday. Have fun.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm still bad with road #'s But we unloaded before the 23road is washed out on the north side (Randle) then road the valley trail around the wash out. We also road through two more but not sure if we were still on the 23. Then I believe we were on the 2904 when we left the gravel road. Ended up doing Juniper through Devils staircase and back to the gravel rd that came out by the Cispus camp. Then back to the truck. 34miles and some awesome pics. Still trying to learn the roads up there. Going to Badger lake and a few other trails Saterday. Have fun.

Much thanks mister,we'll give it a try. U have fun as well.

On 9/13/2017 at 2:00 PM, TommyB 754 said:

Yeah, it was airbox deep when we did it, bike coughed on it a little but kept running, that water is cold

IMO, that particular crossing, when roaring with water, requires an equal response from the rider. Total commitment and no lugging. Become a missile. One guy in our group was starting to go down about 2/3 across the creek so he just pinned it and dumped the clutch. Bike launched across the creek without rider. No harm no foul except for a soaked rider.