Best 2017 CRF250L EJK settings ?

Hello,

I just installed a full Yoshimura Exhaust, did the airbox mod, and instaled the EJK.

EJK was factory setup for stage one, that is 3 4.5 4.5 - 5 4.5 4.5 .

Im wondering if any of you fine gentleman have any tip regardig EJK settings for the 2017 model.

I live in Europe, on a normal sea level, use Shell Vpower Racing 100 eu octane fuel.

There seams to be a difference between 2017 and the older model, because the stock EJK Stage On setting for the older is 3 3 6 - 5 4.5 4.5, so I think I should not use any pre 2017 settings .

Thanks for the help, and have a good ride ! 

I don't recall seeing anyone posting setting for a 2017 yet. I think you are going to have to figure it out yourself with trial and error. Remember that after you change a setting your bikes computer will take a small amount of time to adjust to it so ride for a couple hours before changing it again.

Let us know how it turns out.

• Like 1

THX Kompact, so I will dyno her and post my results. 

I did the crf only yosh performance upgrade, airbox shield and snorkle mod, 13 sproket,  the CRF 250l is a diferent bike now. ;)

• Like 3

I read to not modify the airbox on the 2017's because they have been redesigned and modifying them now will only hurt HP.

Interested to hear what you come up with myself.  I installed the full Yoshi RS4 system along with the new model EJK as well as a 13T front sprocket and I feel like its running rich.  Started hearing some popping / backfires on decel and I've had the bike stall after chopping throttle and pulling in the clutch a few times.  I just can't consistently reproduce the issues.  Not much info out there, everything I've found revolves around the '16 or earlier model years.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, backwoods_neckbeard said:

Started hearing some popping / backfires on decel

You will hear slight popping on decel with any loud exhaust. Doesn't necessarily mean it's running rich. In most cases it means you have a slight air leak and need to redo the high temp silicone.

Thanks man, I was thinking the random stalls were more of an indicator of a rich condition than the popping.  Thought the two may be related though.  I never did apply silicone, asked if it was needed and was told it was not so I opted out.

I see, I didn't notice the part about the random stalling. At least it's easy with the EJK to lean it out a touch and test. Just remember to allow your bikes computer to adjust to the new setting for a bit before changing again.

Appreciate that.  All of this stuff is a brave new world for me lol  I've been a vintage, air cooled, carb rider for my entire life. Wish I could make the stalling happen more consistently, I think I am going to leave everything as it is now and keep riding it.  If it keeps happening I'll muck around with the EJK some to see if I can make it stop.  Still reading up on best practices for adjusting these things.

• Like 1

I have just installed a Two Brothers exhaust and the 2017 EJK model on my 2017 250L (non-rally).  Using 93 octane fuel with 10% ethanol it seems to run good with the stock settings.  I think (maybe) I need to add more fuel in the red zone though (wide open).

13 hours ago, X24200 said:

My numbers are 2/ 4.5/ 4.5/ 4/ 3/ 4.5

received_1605510896171196.jpeg

10 hours ago, Crapflinger said:

off topic but....what skid plate is that?

And a bit more about your headlight set up please @X24200 ...maybe in a different thread so as not to hijack this one

• Like 1

The skid plate is from Soomoto on Taobao. 4mm anodized aluminum and about 1.5kg.

All 3 lights are ripped from my pickup truck

- Bottom Hella Bi Xenon 90mm; 55w 4300k color. Additional switch on handlebar. On = low beam; and using stock high beam switch to change to high beam.

- Top left Hella  Micro DE Xenon; 55w 4300k color ; high beam only. Using stock high beam to turn on ( along with the bottom 90mm if it is turned on too)

- Top right Hella Micro De Fog. Xenon 55w 3000k color Additional switch on handlebar.

- all wiring; xenon ballasts; fuses; relays etc are inside the back of the bike

5a2c1111cd53e_23154761_1574573415931611_4399239114198038284_o(1).thumb.jpg.6db2a313ba6f04eeff8cd3af648129c6.jpg

Edited by X24200
  • Like 2

We're definitely going to need better pics and more info on your light setup  :)

• Like 1

I run the same numbers as you do X24200...had to lower the greenzone.. it was running too rich and stalled just like it was said earlier. Runs pretty good like this :)

BTW Finally I learned where my skidplate and rack came from ;)

• Like 2