vibration on exc 2017 models and hard seat

is vibration supposed to be reduced on 2017 exc models comparing to previous years???

Well, if that's true the previous models were not rideable :)   Did today longer, 2 hours trip and my arse is tingling even

now, long after I came back...  I guess grip puppies and different seat is a must, or at least some ship skin over the stock seat.

Off-road riding is fine when standing but riding tarmac seated is a nightmare.  Is it possible vibration subsides a bit with moto hours?

If you are riding at sustained higher RPM it's going to vibrate the hell out of you regardless. And yes the 17 has much less vibration than older models

At least Im not the only one that felt deceived when KTM and other motorcycle mags and online states that vibes were less.  I get vibes throughout the rev range.  Even with balanced wheels.  Vibes coming from the bars and pegs.  If they can eliminate vibes, that would be better than reducing vibrations.  It's like saying we did the job, but only attempted to alleviate the problem.

3 minutes ago, stevethe said:

Compared to Yamaha's she's a vibrator. I also use seat concepts.

so ktm is more suited for female  riders?

I'll try sheep skin before I get new seat.

• Like 1

Mine smoothed out after about 5 hours, no complaints of vibration now.

Seatconcepsts "comfort" seat isnt rideable after 1 hour of highway for me. Its better than the stock seat but thats like comparing it to a block of wood. Soon going to try a cyclist padded boxer and see if there's any improvement.

On 22.08.2017 at 3:33 AM, Airboss/oc said:

balance the wheels then see how it rides

wheels balance has nothing to do with that kinda vibration.

You have to be a complete potato not to be able to differentiate the two.

1 hour ago, Earthmover said:

Seatconcepsts "comfort" seat isnt rideable after 1 hour of highway for me. Its better than the stock seat but thats like comparing it to a block of wood. Soon going to try a cyclist padded boxer and see if there's any improvement.

1 hour is nothing, I can bare that much on stock seat so seatconcept is not a solution then.

2 hours ago, motf said:

but did you balance them ?

15 minutes ago, Airboss/oc said:

but did you balance them ?

nope.