Choke time?

Well whats it gonna be?

ET has "over managed" the the last few races and is now in a place where he has to make it happen. Yea he has some space to work BUT he is now in perfect position to live up to the rep.

I for one think hes going to give us a show.....

29 minutes ago, lowmass said:

Well whats it gonna be?

ET has "over managed" the the last few races and is now in a place where he has to make it happen. Yea he has some space to work BUT he is now in perfect position to live up to the rep.

He's got more than a moto lead over 2nd 

Even if he DNF's the first moto he can take the title home. He did damage control in the 2nd Budds Creek moto  

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, lowmass said:

Well whats it gonna be?

If he takes Roczen's advice he will be ok. You are a 100% right and I cannot believe for one second he is still struggling with starts to the degree he is. 

If he tries to manage this like he has been I think he will wad up. His comfort zone is pushing. What I do not get was the poor inside gate pick, he is still not getting the starts, and he is not making it to the front within the first couple of laps. 

Boy I hate to say this but I am not watching a Champion blossoming here, are you?

• Like 1

Title is in the bag unless a catastrophic mechanical failure ends it. I am no Tomac fan either, but he isn't letting this get away.

4 minutes ago, Mudd94 said:

Before he won the 2nd moto this weekend I would have said yes.

He's too far ahead to blow it now.  

AC was  guaranteed on the podium at Washougal till the last lap..... Half lap.

• Like 2

ET is going to win the championship for sure. He knows what he has to do and what's at stake here. Win the MX title and carry momentum into the SX season. Might not be pretty but he'll get it done.

• Like 3

I am inclined to agree with you guys, I think he has to have something catastrophic and fast to not have this wrapped up. My concern with ET in the comment i made was champion in the sense of a RV or RD. Something is just preventing him from jiving 100% of the time. Take a look at Zacho this year. Obviously he didn't have a KROC outdoors BUT he absolutely made the most of every minute when he was on the track. ET has flashes of just brilliance that just leave me utterly stunned, but the consistency..........does he have any? I honestly am asking, maybe i am wrong??

• Like 1

It can be argued that Tomac has made the most out of any given situation considering He has managed to not put himself out of the championship.

Edited by DEMI
  • Like 2

Hopfully he has learned a bunch this year. I suspect he has and it willbe interesting to see how it translates in the future. Will the inconsistancy be leveled out some with the strength of mind that comes from experience? 

As for this weekend, yea he has some wiggle room and could continue the slow roll and win, BUT I cant help think he wants to "run " t least enough to end by reminding everyone what there gona be dealing with this winter

BTW lets not forget that even on an "off" day he is still often at podium speed. 

Edited by lowmass

Hopfully he has learned a bunch this year. I suspect he has and it willbe interesting to see how it translates in the future. Will the inconsistancy be leveled out some with the strength of mind that comes from experience? 

As for this weekend, yea he has some wiggle room and could continue the slow roll and win, BUT I cant help think he wants to run enough to end by reminding everyone what there gona be dealing with this winter

He needs Grant back, that's Eli's difference. Grant's job is obvious... make Eli win. I'm sure Grant gets a bonus for this.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Pretty sure this is a wrap.  The haters will need to wait until the next series, Eli's got this.

Yeah he's most likely got this in the bag, he's lucky Marv was injured though or he probably would've lost. 

Glad to see he learned something from Dungey though. 

• Like 4

I am a hater, no question.... however, he has become way more mature this year and has earned his way to the top instead of hype, etc. Tomac is in control mode and will not take any unnecessary chances. Certainly luck is part as well with rider injuries, but not his fault he was not injured and in it to win it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Yeah he's most likely got this in the bag, he's lucky Marv was injured though or he probably would've lost. 

Glad to see he learned something from Dungey though. 

Can't say probably, but yes it could have been a much different outcome.  Personally, I think like you that he has just learned to manage this better than before.  No sense pushing it unless you have to, especially if your last name is Tomac.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Can't say probably, but yes it could have been a much different outcome.  Personally, I think like you that he has just learned to manage this better than before.  No sense pushing it unless you have to, especially if your last name is Tomac.

I'd be willing to say that without the injury it would've been a toss up. 

12 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I'd be willing to say that without the injury it would've been a toss up. 

The injury?  Really?   Do this, look at Musquin's results pre "injury" and post "injury" and tell me your findings.  Pretty sure the guy has been nails since the knee.  I'm not saying he isn't hurt, but he has been better since and it's hard to do better than a couple of pairs of 1-1's.  Eli has not been great this year.  The 2016 Tomac would have killed the 2017 Tomac, but also the 2017 Tomac is a much smarter guy and really seems to be running the Dungey playbook, but maybe to more of an excess.  

That said, my guess with all other things unchanged that Marvin will beat Tomac for the 2018 outdoors title.  The only reason I say that is because it does not appear that Tomac will ever be better than average on starts and Marv gets great starts almost every race and is faster than blazes.  Tomac will not be able to put himself in a hole like that every race with a determined Musquin in front of him.  It's a recipe for a forced mistake that can be costly. 

• Like 4