230 Sausage

Looking for people to hit the trails with in IN, IL, MI, perhaps further

next weekend im out . basketball tournament for the kid . if the weather holds up after that lmk . i can try to make a ride , but with basketball season its gonna be tough . keep in touch , im defiantly interested to ride in the spring . i can also do mid week rides . with being old i have lots of vacation days to burn , i would much rather use them riding then for the honey-do list !!!!

Hey Fellers, 

I see lots of new folks here that I don't know!

My son and I love dirt bike/trail riding camping, etc.  We've done the Bad Lands a few times and the Redbird SRA once (had so much fun there).  

I used to have an annual membership at Fox Valley until I tore my ACL and then had to get my hip replaced.  But I'm all better now. 

Except our bikes need to get put back together.  

Surely you guys are going to be riding a bunch this spring.  And if some of you are planning to go down to KY (not the jelly) perhaps spring comes earlier down there than up here in northern IL?  I'll be watching.  

Personally, I'll be breaking back into it carefully so as not to hurt myself again.  

• Like 3

As stated in the IN thread, going to redbird SRA tomorrow. Meeting at 12. Weather should be prime.

I'm west of Grand Rapids, MI and looking for a riding partner. I moved up to Michigan about 1.5 years ago and just got back into trail riding and currently teaching my wife how to ride, however it's usually me that goes out alone which I do not prefer. Currently ride a 2017 YZ250F set up for the woods, used to ride around a C class level, currently a bit slower and am ok playing catch up or waiting. Willing to travel 2-3 hours to ride if anyone is looking for a riding partner. 

Edited by 17YZ250F
  • Like 1

i would be interested in riding . im in the same boat . keep in touch when riding season gets closer . 

I'm west of Grand Rapids, MI and looking for a riding partner. I moved up to Michigan about 1.5 years ago and just got back into trail riding and currently teaching my wife how to ride, however it's usually me that goes out alone which I do not prefer. Currently ride a 2017 YZ250F set up for the woods, used to ride around a C class level, currently a bit slower and am ok playing catch up or waiting. Willing to travel 2-3 hours to ride if anyone is looking for a riding partner. 

I'm planning on a good spring riding season because once summer hits, It'll be harder to secure days off from work. So I'll still be posting on here when things come together for trail riding.
  • Like 1

Anyone looking for someone to ride with in Western Michigan? Have the wife whose learning, but would like to get out a few times this summer with some faster paced riders. 

Anyone looking for someone to ride with in Western Michigan? Have the wife whose learning, but would like to get out a few times this summer with some faster paced riders. 

17yz250f I’m in the holland mi area. Wouldn’t mind hooking up to do some riding. I’ll be buying a new bike in the fall when the new model year comes out. Looking at the wr250r. I do most of my riding before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. Not a fast rider, but do 100-160 mile days a lot. Prefer quad style trails. Not big on sand.

21 hours ago, dan2929 said:

17yz250f I’m in the holland mi area. Wouldn’t mind hooking up to do some riding. I’ll be buying a new bike in the fall when the new model year comes out. Looking at the wr250r. I do most of my riding before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. Not a fast rider, but do 100-160 mile days a lot. Prefer quad style trails. Not big on sand.

The two south loops at cedar creek are not bad. 50in or less, and not super sandy. Definitely some whoops though. The north loop is very sandy though. 

The two south loops at cedar creek are not bad. 50in or less, and not super sandy. Definitely some whoops though. The north loop is very sandy though. 

Out of the 7-8 trails I’ve run within 2 hrs of Muskegon, cedar creek is the least whooped out. They groomed them recently but even before that this year they’ve been great. By far the best trail system I’ve found yet, and I’m able to get there fairly quick after work during the week which is a huge plus.

The north loop is sandy in spots but not too bad. Can get to be a pain when the sand is wet. As a new rider, My wife hates the north loop. If you carry your speed it’s actually pretty fun IMO

16 minutes ago, 17YZ250F said:

Out of the 7-8 trails I’ve run within 2 hrs of Muskegon, cedar creek is the least whooped out. They groomed them recently but even before that this year they’ve been great. By far the best trail system I’ve found yet, and I’m able to get there fairly quick after work during the week which is a huge plus.

The north loop is sandy in spots but not too bad. Can get to be a pain when the sand is wet. As a new rider, My wife hates the north loop. If you carry your speed it’s actually pretty fun IMO

Ah. It's been two years since I ran the north loop. Might have to give it a try again. Just did the south loops yesterday. Lots of fun. I've run a few around the Baldwin area and so far cedar creek is my favorite. Also the closest so nice added benefit. 

Hey 17YZ250F, did you get out much this summer? I'm looking for riding pals myself. I'm from the Chicago area but have made about 5 trips up to Michigan in the last year. A couple times solo, a couple times with friends and once met a local up there. I'm looking to go out a couple times this month, possibly do some primitive camping. What kind of riding, pace, etc do you prefer?

On 8/21/2017 at 5:03 PM, 230 Sausage said:

Hey guys! I'm new here, but I'm currently a bit limited on riding buddies, so I figured I would give the online community a shot.

I live in Lafayette Indiana. I also am limited on riding buddies. The bad lands is close but can get boring. I would love to hit up some fun single track. I have 2 bikes. One is a 2008 yz250f the other is a 2015 yz250 two stroke. I am an intermediate rider. I don't use either bike to their potential. I'm 38 and am back into dirt after a 20 year hiatus. I've ridden street bikes my whole life and enjoy all forms of motorcycles. I work a 3 on 3 off schedule so I have weekdays off sometimes. However it falls. Hit me up anytime. Let's ride!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Maximus83 said:

Hey 17YZ250F, did you get out much this summer? I'm looking for riding pals myself. I'm from the Chicago area but have made about 5 trips up to Michigan in the last year. A couple times solo, a couple times with friends and once met a local up there. I'm looking to go out a couple times this month, possibly do some primitive camping. What kind of riding, pace, etc do you prefer?

I was going once a week most of the summer, up until August. Just got back from Northern Michigan this weekend riding on my new bike. 

Plan to go a few more times at least this year before season wraps up. I don't try to push myself anymore but try to keep a decent pace. Used to be a B/C woods rider, keep it mild so i can make it to work the next day. Don't do much camping since we have plenty of trails nearby. I'm down to do a ride or two if you're able to make it up this way. Also willing to pop around if there are any trails out that way.

i just stepped up to a new 450 and am c class woods/trails rider also . im old ,fat, and slow  . im 1 hr north of chicago . i can ride durring the week and weekends .   ive had a bike the last yr and half but only got to ride a few times . looking for new people to ride with . just getting back into bikes after almost 30 yrs off of them . 

• Like 1

So, what, do you guys all just ride woods/trails? I haven't had my bike out once this season yet. However, I only rode it on an mx track, anyone on here do that? I'd be interested in woods/trail riding or some single track. Just not too sure where to start, I live in NW Indiana.

badlands , fox valley offroad , cliffs insane terrain , off the top of my head . i only do woods , trails , singletrack . no mx for me !!! im old , fat , and slow .  too close to retirement to cripple myself now .