DRC Edge tail light with stock turn signals?

I ordered up a DRC Edge.  The instructions say that the brackets included won't work with the stock turn signals and that you should order part# d45-18-917 to use the stock turn signals.  I could have sworn I read somewhere that the stock turn signals will work.  Can anyone confirm if I need the additional part to use the stock turn signals?  Normally I'd just figure it out but  I don't want to tear the bike apart to find that I need to wait 7 days for another part.

Thanks

Doc

Commenting to see the answer, i too want a fender eliminator but have no problem with the stock turn lights.

I've got the US spec DRC Edge 2 from the TT store with stock turn signals on my sm. no issues.

• Like 1

I can’t remember but depending on your exhaust the stock ones will melt? I’m sure someone that knows will chime in

I didn't realize TT made one with their own bracket.  If I had known I'd have got that one., I just have the standard Japanese versions with the separate turn signal stays.  So if someone can comment on whether or not that version works with the stock turn signals I'd appreciate it.  If not I'll probably order the TT bracket.

Thanks

Doc

I have run the DRZ Edge 2 with stock indicator lights and RS2 pipe with no issues mounting the indicators nor has an indicator melted. I've been set up this way for 8+ yrs now.

• Like 1

I ordered the edge last year and thought I could use the stock signals too.  It will work, kind of.  The signals just didn't seem to fit the bracket well and it looked kind of rigged.  I fabricated a bracket that would accept the stock signals and it looks perfect now.  If I were to do it again, I would just buy the correct bracket and not spend 2 hours making something I could have bought for $15 or so.

• Like 1

I broke down and ordered the TT US spec bracket after watching a couple YouTube videos of the install.  I also ordered the factory connector for the wires so I don't have to splice and solder the harness.  I'm really surprised that DRC wouldn't have just put that connector on there and charged a few extra bucks.

Doc

• Like 1

Factory indicators using only parts supplied with the DRC Edge.
P1010085.JPG.043c2cd7c2ceddc9608bed9f81c6342a.JPG
P1010086.thumb.JPG.6dc4574db6f60671bf4112785f71ba79.JPG
Man, I really like that. So that's the US version then? My stock turn signals have clear lenses (2017), so I'm fine keeping them.

It was in 2009 that I bought and installed it and don't recall the different versions but I can tell you the license plate mounting holes do not fit US plates. I drilled new holes in my license plate.

Nice bracket Bryan. I had to make my own ten years ago. Then Erling made me on of carbon fiber. You have no idea how many man-hours of time went into producing one offs. Kids today have it made!

• Like 1

I am also running the stock indicators with the TT US spec drc edge 2 and a yosh rs2.  No issues.20170811_132335.thumb.jpg.5e71c9db42356e2517655a5521c06e25.jpg

Edited by MichaelL
  • Like 1