New FCR for $200???

Clearly there is no attempt to identify this as a Keihin FCR carb. Does not even specify size. Probably safe to assume Chinese copy.  Back away slowly.

• Like 2

Cheap china junk, I have read numerous times most legit jets won't even fit you need to find other chinese junk. You'd be better off with a used real fcr from a bike. 

Thanks for the warnings  Anyone knows which bikes come with a FCR from the factory that I could buy used?

Every 4 stroke motocross bike. 250F's generally have 37mm but 2007 and later Honda's and 2013 Yamaha's are the exception. The early YZ400F's and 426's had removable bell while most others have the none removable bell. Most 450's are 41mm. Honda carbs are the hardest to fit due to the cable tower design. The carbs from the Yamaha 450 quad are 39mm and seem to be the most widely available. There are adapters that can matter them work.

If you have plans for a big bore, cams and an MRD, Frank's MX parts is selling brand new 41mm FCR-MX's with removable bell, TPS, hot start and a leak jet bowl for 499 (approx.$530 usd) euro right now.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 3

Funny language in the ebay ad...

1. "Here is a Yamaha YZ450 that fits WR450F with minor mods" - Is it a Yamaha YZ450 or a carburetor?

2. "This Carburetor is a direct manufacture replacement" - what does that actually mean? Direct from/to whom?

3. "These Carburetors will not need any additions or modifications" - See your own statement "with minor mods"

4. "Models that the TPS connector changes wire colors are the same you will need to unclip and clip your connector" - A little less "direct" now.

5. "Throttle cables with counter nuts you will need to cut a groove takes 10 minutes" - Once again, wouldn't this be a "minor mod"?

That's a lot of minor modifications for a unit that will not "NEED ANY ADDITIONS OR MODIFICATIONS".

• Like 1

Yeah.. fake FCR. Run, do not walk.

If the deal looks too good to be true, it really is a bad deal. Like a back alley 'Dr.' that puts both hands on your shoulders during a prostate check.

• Like 4

Every 4 stroke motocross bike. 250F's generally have 37mm but 2007 and later Honda's and 2013 Yamaha's are the exception. The early YZ400F's and 426's had removable bell while most others have the none removable bell. Most 450's are 41mm. Honda carbs are the hardest to fit due to the cable tower design. The carbs from the Yamaha 450 quad are 39mm and seem to be the most widely available. There are adapters that can matter them work.

If you have plans for a big bore, cams and an MRD, Frank's MX parts is selling brand new 41mm FCR-MX's with removable bell, TPS, hot start and a leak jet bowl for 499 (approx.$530 usd) euro right now.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

130 if you're just upgrading lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

Yeah.. fake FCR. Run, do not walk.
If the deal looks too good to be true, it really is a bad deal. Like a back alley 'Dr.' that puts both hands on your shoulders during a prostate check.

He's just using his special "doctor finger". They teach you this at Dr. Frank's Medical University in Barbados.

Sent from my SM-G935V using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

So ... $800 for a new one or $200 for a chi knee one ?  It makes it hard for anyone wanting to upgrade .

I would look around for a decent used one , sure .. there are some suspect used carbs around . there must be some good ones out there .