300RR - Front Axle nut - Cannot get wrench over?

Hey Folks,

On my 15 300RR - the front axle nut is recessed in behind the boss/extrusion of the pinch clamp portion of the sachs fork, and as a result I am unable to get the boxed end of the standard axle/plug wrench over it to unscrew it. I am forced to use an open end wrench (most often a big adjustable, which I dont carry in my trail tool kit) Since I run mousses in the front, luckily I have not had occasion to have to try to pull the axle on the trail, however I am sure I will manage to find a way to make this a necessity.  Anyone notice this issue on their similar bike?  looking at a parts explosion, I dont appear to be missing any spacers or parts.  When I get back home I'll snap a few photos of the issue and add them to the thread.

my nut is on the left hand side (sitting on bike) of the forks.

Any suggestions greatly appreciared.

thanks

-t

Edited by lodcomm

I don't have this issue with my '16 300RR.  The wrench in the standard Beta tool kit fits fine.  In my garage, I use a 24mm socket.  With the Beta wrench, make sure that you use the correct end of the tool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chas_M said:

I don't have this issue with my '16 300RR.  The wrench in the standard Beta tool kit fits fine.  In my garage, I use a 24mm socket.  With the Beta wrench, make sure that you use the correct end of the tool.

Maybe that is the issue.. I bought the bike used, perhaps the axle wrench that came in the tool kit is not the OEM tool. I have googled around for a picture of the OEM wrench, and cannot locate an image. 

Can someone kindly point me to an image of the Beta OEM wrench ?

thanks again.

-t

2 hours ago, lodcomm said:

Maybe that is the issue.. I bought the bike used, perhaps the axle wrench that came in the tool kit is not the OEM tool. I have googled around for a picture of the OEM wrench, and cannot locate an image. 

Can someone kindly point me to an image of the Beta OEM wrench ?

thanks again.

-t

Turn the wrench over, its two sided, it doesn't look like it is, but it is and it fits perfect...